Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pogo Alert power question

AH9999

I'd like to 'hard wire' my Pogo Alert - noticed the available power sockets in the passenger foot well and glove compartment.........does anyone know if these are switched lives or permanent lives?

Switched lives would be perfect for the Pogo Alert switching it on and off automatically relative car ignition.

2nd question, when I used the passenger foot well power socket in the 997 for the Pogo Alert it badly affected the radio reception......have they fixed this?

.....no worries if anyone hasn't tried this yet - I'll have a play later this week and report back on my findings

Here are my findings:

All 3 power points, cigarrette lighter in the centre console, passenger foot well and glove box are all on the same power supply with T30 SP, permanent live with a switchable circuit.

Therefore, they all have a permanent supply (great for trickle feed chargers btw) but can be turned off by the vehicle energy management system - the car can monitor the battery voltage and will turn off certain electrical items/circuits to save battery voltage to protect start up albeit leaving them open for trickle feed chargers.

Not so good for radar/speed detectors, I certainly don't want to leave them connected to a permanent live connection draining the battery and relying on the vehicle engine management system to turn them off.

.......so I've decided to plug and unplug the the radar/speed detector as required, not a terrible burden :)

.......one piece of good news, I've connected via the passenger foot well power socket - no signs of the radio interferance I experienced in the 997.2 using the same device :)

Hope this is of help to someone :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back