Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rubber rings

chimp911

Zandvoort
I need to get some new boots before Herr Plod gets all up in my grill, and I'm trying to source a suitable matching set. I've heard the arguments for and against sticking with N-rated, matching axles and matching all round etc and I have decided I don't want to rock the warranty boat.

Based on current availability it looks like my choices are limited to the following:

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N0 - £877 or N1 - £893
Michelin Pilot Sport 2 N2 - £944

Prices are approximate for a full set but don't include fitment. It doesn't look like I can get any other matching N-rated sets (pzero, conti etc.), though I could get some semi-slick corsa's :grin:

I'll also be checking with my local OPC to see what they can offer, but I'd welcome any thoughts/advice/feedback on the RE050's or PS2's please...?

I went for Bridgestone Potenza N1 as recommended by my local OPC- 'It's cheaper, no compromise in grip and may be more durable'.
I did not think that the road noise was much either.
They seem to be fine IMHO.

Thanks Slayer, looks like these could the ones to go for then. I would have preferred to stay on pzero's as I've not had any issues with them, but there's not much I can do if they aren't available...

Does the price seem about right?

I will give the OPC a call today. Can't remember the break down price as I got it done along with the major service( was a bit shell shocked while paying) :sad:

Update:

My local (german) OPC can fit pzero N2s - approx £1175

If I supply them with potenza N1s - approx £1060 (+ any shipping costs)

Deal or no deal? :dont know:

The prices for front 235/ 35 19 and rear 305 / 30 19

Michelin N2 £1338 fitted including VAT – Supply only £1288 including VAT

Bridgestone N1 £1155 fitted including VAT – Supply only £1105 including VAT

From my local OPC.

Deal or no deal :dont know: :)

Thanks again Slayer :thumb:

With the Euro taking such a battering the prices are pretty similar, but once again the German OPC charges more in labour - might be because I've got those pesky centre locks to deal with...

Oh well there goes another grand, but 4 tyres after 15 months/12k miles ain't bad, especially as I'm changing a little early at 3mm - I was lunching 6 tyres a year when I had my skyline... :oops: :sad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back