Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Amazing Orange 911 GT2 (993) Club Sport ! but £300k!

Agent Orange said:
My old car ...............colour blut orange ,one off , unique ex factory ....................think u wud do well to get it for anything like £250 today

Hi Vic....hope all's well. Long time. Should come and show you my c2s one day.

I know it is near sacrilege on these forums not to hold the 993 in the highest esteem but I have to admit (also) I am not a huge 993 fan. I do love function over form (when it works) so that GT2 is a lovely car and I can see the appeal.

£250k lovely appeal????? :roll: Not for me... if I had that wedge burning a whole there are a lot of other cars I'd be looking to get.. a super low mileage 964 turbo for starters... maybe take a punt on 997 GT3 RS 4.0 etc.

Some more of your old cars - (apart from my C2S in the foreground......just to set the forum alight. Hope you don't mind...

Back1.jpg

105_0587.jpg

A GT2 and 2 RS's? :eek:

Is the GT2 Audi RS Blue? Thought that was a one-off... the PH guy in the news had one, or is it the same?

tim993 said:
Why did the GT2 not get an 'RS' badge when it really is a race car for the road?

Anyhow, i love that car - it is beautiful and even blessed with the finest interior of any of Porsche model 8)

It was homologated for the GT2 class, hence the GT2 name. As the GT1 was for the GT1 class.

RS stands for Renn Sport or Rennen Sportwagen. Renn or rennen means 'run' or 'to run' in German. This can be translated to race sport or more obviously motorsport. So rather than relating to a specific class, RS just means motorsport.

But you knew that already didn't you Tim? :wink:

Not sure the colour is for me but that's one amazing car. I'd go for the yellow one at Malton instead, if I happened to have a spare £250k.

Or I'd get a 993 RS, a 997.2 GT3 RS and a few curries instead. :thumb:

Definately not a Miami Vice spec 997TT Cab though. :hand:

schwarz993 said:
A GT2 and 2 RS's? :eek:

Is the GT2 Audi RS Blue? Thought that was a one-off... the PH guy in the news had one, or is it the same?

Same car

Same address Simon ...just retired so i seem to get out more

Ur always welcome...............

Simon W said:
Some more of your old cars - (apart from my C2S in the foreground......just to set the forum alight. Hope you don't mind...

Back1.jpg

105_0587.jpg

Post some more pictures, awesome collection of cars. :thumb:

Blood Orange 993 GT2 Club Sport FOR SALE

Just seen this at my local dealer in South Kensington, luckily only 3 mins walk away so I can ogle daily! They used to have a McLaren F1 GTR Longtail in Orange too so not short of nice stock..

Porsche 911(993) GT2

One of only 20 GT2 Club Sports Produced by Porsche AG

Chassis No. WPOZZZ99ZTS392148

'993" was the company's internal name for the version of the Porsche 911 model manufactured and sold between late 1993 and 1998. This was the final model of the air-cooled engine cars which are regarded by many as the last 'real" Porsches.

Like the previous and current generation of the Porsche 911, there were several variants of the car manufactured, varying in body style, drive-trains, and technical specification. The ultimate model within the range has always been the GT2.

The GT2 is the racing version of the 911 model range. By the mid-1990s most of the sanctioning bodies of road racing had placed severe limitations, if not outright bans on the use of all-wheel drive systems. It was in this atmosphere that in order to take their turbo-engine 993 racing. Porsche created the RWD-only GT2. The deletion of the front drive-train also brought with it the benefit of significant weight savings to the competition car. To qualify the car for racing a limited number (57 in total) of street GT2s were created for homologation purposes, which are now highly prized and valued by Porsche 993 collectors.

Our car is one of only 20 GT2 Club Sports ever produced; supplied new in Germany On the 8th March 1996 to Gernot Haverkamp of Delmenhorst. We understand from Porsche AG that # S392148 is the only GT2 ever produced in Blood Orange!

Accompanying the car is:
- Factory Build Specification Sheet
- Original Handbook Pack
- Original Fahrzeugbrief
- Varies Service and Maintenance Invoices dating back to 1996
- Historical UK MOT's and tax discs
- Immobiliser and spare keys

Hexagon Classics offer a unique opportunity to own one of the only 20 road going Club Sport derivative of the 993 GT2; with only 28,236 miles from new this is without doubt is one of the finest and most highly collectable 911's of all time.

POA

http://www.hexagonclassics.com/car_sales/Porsche-911(993)-GT2/5408.htm

Attachments

• may16gt2a_758.jpg
    may16gt2a_758.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 10,007
  • may16gt2b_129.jpg
    may16gt2b_129.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 10,007
  • may16gt2c_128.jpg
    may16gt2c_128.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 10,007
  • may16gt2d_118.jpg
    may16gt2d_118.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 10,007
  • may16gt2e_551.jpg
    may16gt2e_551.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 10,007
want one...

uuf361 said:
:yuk:

To me that looks truly chavtastic, although the colour looks quite good....

And here, ladies and gentlemen, I give you a glimpe of that rare thing, a man who has no soul :dont know:

ooops sorry, have been meaning to post for days but the other chap beat me to it!

Still its pretty/brutal enough to be on twice, mmm!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back