Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Will 997 alloys fit a 996 ?

Elliot

Trainee
I've been offered some 19" carrera s alloys from a 997
Will they fit a 996?
I currently have 18" 265/35 on the rear and 225/40 18" on the fronts
The 997 wheel sizes are 305/30 19" rears and 235/35 19" fronts with n1 rated Tyres.
Will this profile and bigger rim size be ok?
The advice this forum has given me to date has been
Fantastic so thank you everyone for your help to date
Elliot

Difficult to say for sure without the offsets, but 997.1 wheels were only fitted with 305s from factory for the widebody cars (C4/C4S/T4).

If that is so, then no, they won't fit an NB 996.

Chris W is your man to ask.

I speed read your first post on an iPhone screen (and the lack of capitalisation didn't help).

If the wheels are from a Carrera S, then they are NB and will fit an NB 996.

The tyre widths are a red herring, you still would be best confirming on the actual wheel widths and offsets.

GT4 said:
I speed read your first post on an iPhone screen (and the lack of capitalisation didn't help).

If the wheels are from a Carrera S, then they are NB and will fit an NB 996.

The tyre widths are a red herring, you still would be best confirming on the actual wheel widths and offsets.

GT4 is on the button with this....same as I'd say, the 305 tyre is usually found on the wider 4S. Carrera S is also the name of the wheel style so be careful.

Really easy to sort this...either side of the valve it'll say 11 51 or 11 67. If 51 then no-go, if 67 then you're in business as they'll bolt straight on.

Trouble is the ride will be compromised and you'll get more tramlining so make sure you are happy before spending the money. If you want to trial fit I have a set you can try.

They do look a little wide, and are your tyres stretched?

What width tyres are your running at the rear?

Attachments

• 02805336a_806.jpg
    02805336a_806.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2,920
GT4 said:
They do look a little wide, and are your tyres stretched?

What width tyres are your running at the rear?

"Standard" tyres all round, 305's on the back I believe

That would explain the bulge.

Still look quite wide.

I saw a 996 with 19" 997 turbo wheels, once. The owner told me that he had to trim the fenders

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back