Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front end tramlining

Presumably due to having correct tyre pressures :dont know:

911BlackEd said:
But, the winner is GT4, the tyres were all 10 psi over pressure, I am presuming that they over pressure them at the factory to prevent them flat spotting, I wondered why the handling was interesting in the wet :nooo:

If they failed to correct the tyre pressures at the PDI, you might also want to check whether the car has coil spring stretchers fitted to the front struts. Some cars with low ground clearance have these inserted into the springs to raise the front of the car to ease roll-on-roll-off transport during delivery.
They should be removed before the car is handed over to the customer.

Ok, gotton to the bottom of this now, the tyre pressures although wrong, still didn't correct the tramlining.

The car went in yesterday and had the alignment checked, the front end camber was wrong, and now I am delighted to say that the tramlining has been eradicated completely.

Very happy bunny :thumbs:

:eek:

It makes you wonder what else the factory got wrong, doesn't it?

Its a pity it was wrong in the first place though.

Was iT

a) not built correctly

b) bumped/ damaged in transit

c) not checked properly

e) What happened to d)

d) Ah, there it is?

La la la la la la la la la.... Putting my fingers in my ears... I'm not listening to you lot... Now, where did I put my lucky rabbits foot...

:floor:

PeterS said:

Was iT

a) not built correctly

c) not checked properly

e) What happened to d)

d) Ah, there it is?

PeterS: Better than Nytol for a good night's sleep :eek:

PeterS said:

Was iT

a) not built correctly

c) not checked properly

e) What happened to d)

d) Ah, there it is?

Or (f) Porsche built it correctly, it wasn't bumped, it was checked properly, (d) & (e) are irrelevant and ... adjusting the camber is not the right solution to the problem.

No, the camber was incorrect, I was there when they were checking it, and double checked what they were doing.

911BlackEd said:
No, the camber was incorrect, I was there when they were checking it, and double checked what they were doing.
Good! I'm pleased for you. :)

Now, who at Porsche are you going to complain to?

Tinker said:
911BlackEd said:
Good! I'm pleased for you. :)

Now, who at Porsche are you going to complain to?
:floor:

You obviously never read this...
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=66527

Complaining gets you nowehere. :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back