Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 / 997 CAT Driver Training - Sat 14th & Sun 15th Apri

Totally agree it's money very well spent. Far better to find the limits of both yourself and your car in a controlled and safe environment, with experts on hand to offer reassurance and advice. CATDT and Millbrook, customer survey after the event 5/5 every single category on their customer satisfaction form. Can't get better than that!

Had a great day today guys, and nice to meet you all. Tony, love the yellow 996. Today was the best day I have had in a car. Fastest, twistiest, biggest G. Rob, you were spot on- well worthwhile.
Thanks to the team at CAT.

....oh and Steve, nice sound !!

Have fun tomorrow guys, and sorry but we finished all the good biscuits. :sad:

As above; great, great day today. Highlights:

- Millbrook itself is a pretty bloody impressive facility. You can't fail to be impressed by the scale and diversity of the place! 8)

- The 911UKers in attendance today were all top guys, we had an absolute blast, in no small part because we all got on really well. :puh:

- The CAT DT guys (and gal!) are great; perfect balance of professionalism, experience, attention to detail and that 'personal touch / family-run business' feel. You want them to do really really well within the industry because they deserve it but almost not too well in case they get too big and lose that personal touch! :worship:

- All the 911s were the real stars of the day; the limits on these cars is probably way beyond what you think, doubled! I defy any of you 997 guys not to be amazed at what your car can do on your day tomorrow! :thumb:

Also, quick tip for anyone driving down from the North tomorrow; Newport Pagnall services on the M1 (just before J14, so about 5 miles before you come off for Bedford / Millbrook) sells Optimax. Good place to fill up before you start the day. For info, I used about half a tank at Millbrook today.

Again, thanks all at CAT for a great day, and thanks to whoever organised this from 911UK (I forget, was it you Chris?)... :thumbs:

marcass said:
Tony, love the yellow 996.
Cheers; right back at you with your black on black with black wheels and black windows 997!! 8)

Great driving in the Caterham by the way; we all thought you'd won when we saw just your first run out of three, maybe you've missed your calling getting a 911, looks like a Caterham might be more suited...! :thumb:

I was stunned because Colin was critical when I came in after my first run.
Had a great day which was in large part to the great company. Hope we all get the opportunity to meet again!

Yeah I think I might go back to cat for more racing.

marcass said:
Yeah I think I might go back to cat for more racing.

We all said that after the first 993 day

Cheers Tony, it was me who arranged.. it was a great event today. I think we all got a lot out of the day, Millbrook and CATDT certainly exceeded all my expectations. Totally knackered tonight, not really helped by some fun and games with my headlights on the way home tonight.. oh the joys sometimes of owning a 996..

911turbo996 said:
Cheers Tony, it was me who arranged.. it was a great event today. I think we all got a lot out of the day, Millbrook and CATDT certainly exceeded all my expectations. Totally knackered tonight, not really helped by some fun and games with my headlights on the way home tonight.. oh the joys sometimes of owning a 996..

Cool, thanks again Chris for organising the day, think we all enjoyed it immensely! :thumb:

Your headlight problem seems like a switch, very common I think, cheap and simple fix, loads of info on the forum if you search I think (sorry no first-hand experience, can't help further).

By the way, I'm Ant / Anthony, the Tony from today was in the blue 996, I won't answer to Tony I'm afraid, I'm an Ant kinda guy... :wink:

Totally agree with all of the above, our instructor Paul was a legend and let us push it to the limit, a true unflappable professional; when he said push it you knew you could. I'm happy going fast, but he knew that the car had more to give and I learnt a lot and was taken outside my comfort zone which was what I wanted.

The 911 guys were all gents and a great group to be with and it is a day I will never forget - what these cars can do is amazing and you guys today are in for a treat.

A word of warning: When you are driving it's over in a flash, when you're waiting, it feels like forever.... but it's worth the wait.

Finall, I almost wish I'd taken the caterham out rather than the scooby for the gymkhana to be properly competitive, but that car was epic to drive and a real handful; but to be in with a shout in the final challenge - stick with rear wheel drive!

Quality day chaps - to those of you getting up for this -Enjoy!!!1

great

On my way 5 mins I'll be there can't wait now after reading the above positive feedback

[/quote]

Brilliant day out yesterday I never had so much fun in my car and even when we were pushing the cars to their ultimate grip levels in the corners it never felt unsafe it was excellent.

I am also pleased you liked the noise of my 911.

What amazed me was that it proved a standard 911 996 or 997 are absolutely brilliant in the dry and you have no chance of oversteer.(that will start arguments down the pub)

I loved the caterham and now wish with a little less rubber burning I could have got my time a few tenths lover and taken the win but I did enjoy going round in circles in it.

Steve

Now when do we go again?

:thumb: Cheers Ant! Cheap and easy fix the switch, but you know what's it like after a long day, jump in the car, and the damn lights aren't working..

For those interested I did talk with Jo about the next training step for another possible 911UK group day. CATDT are pretty much booked up until August but if Jo comes back to me with some possible dates for another event I will try and arrange day for those interested.

Personally I learnt a lot yesterday, but the day also raised many points that I need to practice to get right. Add to that the fact that I have already emailed Centre Gravity to get my car tweaked, and it all adds up to wanting to go again. Next time if they do a Gymkhana unless we get a prize for spinning and finishing in the box backwards without hitting the cones.. I think I'll take the Scooby.

Thanks everyone you made the day very special. I am sure today they will all enjoy it just as much as we did.

:wink: :wink:

Yesterday was a great day and you are a lovely bunch. Haven't caught up with the crew this morning but think they are due their cup of tea before heading out onto the Handling Circuit.

Glad you made it safely home and that Perrin996 survived being late for the party :thumbs:

Congratulations to the winners on the day:

Driver of the Day = Perrin996
Slidey Choc = 911Turbo996
End of Day Gymkhana = Marcass

I haven't had a chance to update the league table yet, but will endeavour to do later today. Your times were the closest we've ever had I think - 0.32 seconds separating 1st to 4th. Check out this page later Marcass to see your name in lights :D

http://catdrivertraining.co.uk/inde...es/groups-a-corporate/car-clubs-a-forums.html

& 911Turbo996 - that finish in the gate was the best yet .... if only we had a camera :lol:

Look forward to seeing you again soon and I'll be in touch Chris with some date options for the Cornering Masterclass :thumb:

Off to serve the teas :)

Jo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back