Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Oversteer's off at Brünnchen, Nurburgring Nordschleife

ouch!

RobIpswichUK said:
Richyd said:

x2!

x3

Looks like he was going in a straight line and lost traction on the rumble strip? I'll never, ever take my own car on there again. A private RMA day with instructors was scary enough! A TF day must be butt clenchingly nerve wracking?

Ok, I'll confess, I also had a "moment" with the back end of my car 6 months back, and I how I saved it is still a puzzle to me and just pure luck.

It's shocking how the back end can let go without warning.

At that speed he had no chance once it lost grip. Sickening to watch. :sad:

A painful and very scary moment but at least the impact didn't appear to be too severe and I'd hope the damage was repairable - not like that SUV posted a few days ago :eek:

Plenty of damp patches on the circuit, not a surprise that happened.

Rialas said:
Ok, I'll confess, I also had a "moment" with the back end of my car 6 months back, and I how I saved it is still a puzzle to me and just pure luck.

It's shocking how the back end can let go without warning.

Not pure luck - an excellent rear axle/suspension design that feeds back info to the driver who then reacts and helps the car through perfectly weighted controls... so the back DIDN'T let go without any warning :thumb:

How do you think the bikers feel? Hit those kerbs and you're toast. Did 3 days bikes only, and 2 TF days on the bike very scary. Never been with the car I'll stick to Forza.

Endoman said:
How do you think the bikers feel? Hit those kerbs and you're toast.

Exactly - the bikers are either much faster or much slower than a car, and take very different lines - I was having to look everywhere to try and keep THEM safe, as some of them had very little regard for their own safety (yes just like some car drivers) - I just feel that regardless of skill/speed, cars and bikes don't mix on a track.

" cars and bikes don't mix on a track. "

+1

orangecurry said:
bikers are either much faster or much slower than a car, and take very different lines -

And some are that useless they cant even keep up with push bikes! :puh:

Michael+Schumacher+F1+Grand+Prix+Hungary+Previews+kiGPYYDrYmyl.jpg

look no cars

Attachments

• ef14_040706_dsc_0449_small_184.jpg
    ef14_040706_dsc_0449_small_184.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 21,320
I think I've put these up before.

Get to the Zebra crossing and its going to tighten, this is what I've learnt doing the Ring pity these guys in front of me didn't realise. Although the one closest to me was riding well until the other two turned up. I do take my time when I come across bikers on the Nurburgring.

And this other idiot nearly takes a car off in front of me when I'm passing the 350Z.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back