Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiff Needell - 991S (manual) vs. GT-R

It is interesting that the GT-R is very often kept as the landmark car for comparison. 0-60 mph- 2.8 sec :worship: A lot of performance for the money.

True, but this ad came to mind :grin:

porsche2010006.jpg

No, I spent it dreaming about a Lamborghini or a Ferrari.... Still, maybe when I grow up.....

MC

'and now we are making it very affordable for you to drive one' :?:

395 BHP- states 400 in my manual :wack: looks like it was a PDCC car which would have been faster with a PDK box, so nothing really in it.

My £14500 Fiesta Zetec looks like a Rolls Royce interior compared with the tatty materials on the Nissan which I've seen in the flesh.

The 991 GT3/Turbo will leave the Nissan standing :thumb:

Although I am a Porsche man and do not particularly like the Nissan I would point out:

The 991S is probably 20k more than the GTR

The 991 Turbo with extras will probably be twice the price of the GTR.

ian996 said:
Although I am a Porsche man and do not particularly like the Nissan I would point out:

The 991S is probably 20k more than the GTR

The 991 Turbo with extras will probably be twice the price of the GTR.

+1
I have driven it, the acceleration is frightening!

Having said that the on going costs etc are more.

It's Porker for me. :grin:

I used to have a skyline GTR (previous generation) and it was a great car with superb performance, let down a little by a halfords interior and relative anonymity to all but Gran Turismo gamers and a few godzilla aficionados.

The most telling thing about the ownership experience was having to endlessly explain to the mass uninitiated that it was "...a bit like a 911" :nooo:

Great bang for the buck especially in it's latest guise, and one that will always turn my head if no-one else's, but sadly it will forever only be "a bit like a 911"...

Attachments

• gtr2_252.jpg
    gtr2_252.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 28,040
  • gtr1_947.jpg
    gtr1_947.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 28,040
I dreamt of a 911 and now have one
I never considered the gtr and I have dealings with a tuner of gtr car in my business I did drive both
For me it's driving pleasure versus power,both 911 and gtr are silly on roads but when driving slower the 911rewards more than the gtr

I love the way Tiff powerslide Porsches, and I like the fact you can listen the throttle position quite well thanks to the magnificent sound symposer.

What would Nissan give to have Porsche? I like the GTR, however I have no wish to own one, I just feel it will become like a Suburu (which is good at what it does) and home to every chav who can afford one.

I looked at the nissan, but as reviously mentioned running costs were stupid

Service every 6 months at £600,
no track days unless post track day service (£800 I think and they check as sat nav tells them if you've been on a track)
Tyres all need to be replaced at the same time (or voids warranty)
All discs and pads need to be replaced at same time £5k
The list goes on

Yes it will beat 911 in 0-60 and timed round track, but there are a lot more elements to driving than that. The GTR is MASSIVE, I think 911's are like driving go-carts, reminds me of my 206 GTI 180 I used to have.

I've always liked the 911, but never had the picture on my wall as a kid (except 959). It was only when I drove one that my mind changed, loved the 997.2 C2S, then drove the 997.1 GT3 and it just felt like a big powerful go kart. I've driven F430, LP560, DBS, R8 V10, R8 V8 and were all great cars but felt completely different. I honestly don't know if I'll ever sell it, and if I do it definately won't be for a Datsun! :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back