Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 911 (991) Pics Leaked & Official !! Love it!!! :)

nick w said:
...It's just.....so....big... :nooo:

...and expensive. There. I've said it.

After 11 pages of opinions I thought I'd add my say too...
The new car is stunning inside and out but I'm curious to where some of the interior colours are developed from..
As with previous models 996,997s, as those shades of cream head towards brown are they becoming a little bit cringe worthy...?

Having just tripped over this thread on the second last day of 2023, I was a tad disappointed to find that many of the pictures had originally been posted on what seems like a pay sight and which may have had time limited access, and others in the thread were not available.

It would be interesting to find out what might be the original posters views now some 11 years on....?

Have to admit a degree of empathy with some of the comments re increased dimensions, complexity of systems, and the evolution into a modern comfortable GT car as opposed to the sports car that the early air cooled 911`s were....

As I have typed before, I suspect some degree of relativity has to be factored in and more so when comparing past values relative to ever evolving modern expectations..?

Having owned rebuilt the first, of three air cooled Porsches I owned starting in the 70`s, and repaired and maintained the other two all over a period of a couple of decades or more, by the time the 993 arrived I thought IT was more of a GT than the sports car that was my previous Porsches...For a variety of reasons I ended up back on a m/cycle to enjoy runs round the lochs and glens, that was until cold legs in Winter caused be to think a heater might be nice, while still enjoying the fresh air... I bought a +8 and drove it over the the next couple of decades. As the ageing process got the better of me and feeling the cold ever more, bringing tin top considerations into my thought processes, it had to be a Porsche...Long story short, a then 9 year old 991.1 became the garage companion for my old +8 crate.

By today`s standards it seems all things in the Porsche world have moved on to the extent if it does not have Apple Play a new Porsche might be considered deficient by some...? Such is life... (-:

Rambled off into the distance again...! It was my intention to post a few pics of my 991 C4S to try to make up for those in the thread that seem to be scribbled over or in some way lost. Should the mods think this thread is out of place... please feel free to delete it.

Attachments

• _DSC3515.jpg
    _DSC3515.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 3
  • _DSC3531.jpg
    _DSC3531.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Mog and C4s.jpg
    Mog and C4s.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 3
hiya @Luddite ive sent you a DM to understand the points you raise as I’m not clear on what this pay site is, that you’re referring to, thanks

Having just tripped over this thread on the second last day of 2023, I was a tad disappointed to find that many of the pictures had originally been posted on what seems like a pay sight and which may have had time limited access, and others in the thread were not available.

It would be interesting to find out what might be the original posters views now some 11 years on....?

Rambled off into the distance again...! It was my intention to post a few pics of my 991 C4S to try to make up for those in the thread that seem to be scribbled over or in some way lost. Should the mods think this thread is out of place... please feel free to delete it.

found it, its's @Tony991S's signature picture, which he had hosted himself on the external photobucket site.

photobucket as many of us have found, now charge to host pictures, if you dont pay or delete your account, then all that is shown is the photobucket image

1703876407315.png

i've updated his signature due to this, thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back