Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First Impression drivnng the 911C2s 991 PDK

Twilight said:
Tinker said:
ZF (Zepplin Friedrichshafen) weren't very good at airships and, although the company's produced hundreds of thousands of automatic gearboxes, it was a ZF that bust in my Jaguar.

ZF steering now? :?

Ignorance is bliss.

What I mean by that sentence is that ZF should be considered one of the top players in this field of engineering. No matter what bust in you Jaguar, as you can probably figure out, it could have caused by almost anything.

What comes into the electric power steering, we still are at quite early stages of development. Maybe they can provide us with a better feel in the future. Honda NSX used electromechanical power steering in 90's, but too bad Honda systems still lack in feel at the 10's.

Your first paragraph is a non sequitur from your quote of Gray (1742). Moreover, it's inaccurate. I'm not ingorant of the age and size of ZF.

Nor am I ignorant of the fact that ZF gearboxes were problematic in quite a large number of Jaguars, and not only in mine, until 2007, when Jaguar made alternative arrangements, I believe.

The first sentence of your second paragraph is ill-formed, the second implies that the 991 needs "better feel" and the third suggests that this will take a long time to achieve.

:D Bliss.

GT4 said:
Actually, ZF were world class in airships.

The plight of the early models was defined by the, then, lack of helium.

Nah. Being "world class" means designing for, and using, the right fuel, too.

I'm fairly sure they weren't supposed to burn hydrogen :?

GT4 said:
I'm fairly sure they weren't supposed to burn hydrogen :?

:D :oops:

Correction: not "fuel", but 'lifting gas'.

Mind you, very sadly, they did "burn hydrogen" eventually.

Yes, I know, hence my original post re: helium (not a well known fuel, being the perfect noble element, unless you are a red giant etc).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back