Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dubshed, What have they done to this Porsche 964 RS?

Ant Blain

Mexico City
I'm assuming everyone has seen this? Personally I quite like it until it drops down on the air suspension, it's not actually that offensive... :oops:

dub_shed964_186.png

The following video trailer for the 'Dubshed' VW Group show in Belfast this March should contain a severe health warning for anybody with an affinity for unmolested Porsches.

Especially anybody who likes a decent 964 Carrera RS (lookalike we've been informed - Ed), because the vehicle that Dubshed has chosen to use to advertise its 2012 show might well make you cry.

Not only has 'D4M LO' been treated to a stupid numberplate, it's also been lumbered with some overly bling split rims (and are those stretched tyres we see in the video?) and some unnecessarily low suspension.

Oh, and if that upsets you, for the love of all that is good please click away from the video before 1 min 41 secs. Because at this point it's revealed that this Porsche is riding on air/hydraulic suspension of some kind and thus has even further to drop before the video is finished, both on its suspension and in our estimation.

Damn low? RS or not damn ruined, more like...

http://www.ilovebass.co.uk/article/186/dubshed-2012---the-teaser/

Attachments

• dub_shed964_186.png
    dub_shed964_186.png
    228.3 KB · Views: 23,507
  • dub_shedx_102.jpg
    dub_shedx_102.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 23,417
Looks nice at first glance

Suspension, ice and steering wheel are ridiculously horrible though (and GT3 seats dont suit IMO)

50/50 on the wheels, but there are dozens that suit the car better

I doubt it would have registered on PH, let alone made a major news story if they had actually seen its a C4 and not an RS

Seems putting an RS badge on can fool people who are supposed to know what they're looking at!

It's not my cup of tea as far as the stereo and suspension go, but wow, what a lot of negativity from the piston heads brigade...

A lot of RS's get thrashed on tracks and even crashed, so even if it was an RS instead of the c4 that it is, is it really such a crime to humanity?

It's all reversible...
~ Matt

Why do it to a RS, why not just a regular Carrera :?

Missed that bit :oops:

Good thing too :blue-no:

Nice base car but why would you want to make a nice Porsche look like a street tuned VW with those wheels?? It would actually look better on some original VW wheels!

You cant beat some of these Non Iron girls but she walks a bit funny....

Upcoming Dyson model perhaps :eek:

Can someone tell me what a dubshed might be :?: - is it a bit like a Sh*thouse ? :dont know:

I love it apart from the ICE, and the AiR. The fact it's been kept in show condition is a credit to the owner. Slamming the 64, and showing at Dub events, brings a whole new audience to the Porsche scene, and can only improve the value of the 64. Look at the price of Mk1 and Mk2 Golfs nowadays. Most of the youth, that hanker after an early Golf, weren't even born, when they were made, but are prepared to restore and modify and keep these classics on the road, for many years to come, and for me, they should be applauded. As for the model, I think she's stunning, I'd certainly be more than happy to show her a night out in my dreams :lol:

I like it, and the way she walks :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back