Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another one for Rimmer!

Ant Blain

Mexico City
My subscription copy of evo magazine dropped through the letterbox this morning - there are 20+ pages on the 991, two group tests (one for the 3.4 Carrera, one the 3.8 Carrera S) pitting it against it's 'rivals' (BMW M3, Audi R8, Lotus Evora, Merc C63, Nissan GTR, Aston V8 Vantage, Jag XKR, Maser Granturismo, BMW M5).

I won't spoil it for you (partly because I've not read it yet!) but it might be worth picking up and spending a few hours digesting the info. It's the April edition, GTR and 991 on the cover... :thumb:

Snap! Got mine this morning too. Will read this evening.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

Ant Blain said:
My subscription copy of evo magazine dropped through the letterbox this morning - there are 20+ pages on the 991, two group tests (one for the 3.4 Carrera, one the 3.8 Carrera S) pitting it against it's 'rivals' (BMW M3, Audi R8, Lotus Evora, Merc C63, Nissan GTR, Aston V8 Vantage, Jag XKR, Maser Granturismo, BMW M5).

I won't spoil it for you (partly because I've not read it yet!) but it might be worth picking up and spending a few hours digesting the info. It's the April edition, GTR and 991 on the cover... :thumb:

Thank you :friends: I'll be at the newsagents in the morning :thumb:

Me too, I just hope the mag ain't shrink wrapped - spent many an hour in WHSmith "browsing"... :grin:

Rimmer said:
Thank you :friends:
Not a problem! :thumb:

Rimmer said:
I'll be at the newsagents in the morning :thumb:
I'm not sure if it'll be there in the morning - I think the subscription copies are delivered a few days before it 'officially' goes on sale, so it might not be physically in the shops until early next week? Worth a look if you're out and about but maybe not a good idea to make a journey solely to get the mag, or you might be disappointed...? :frustrated:

The new March 2012 issue of CAR Magazine is out now – led by our exclusive first ride in the new Porsche Boxster. There's also a 1400-mile American road trip in the latest 911, everything you need to know about Porsche's 918 hybrid supercar, your guide to buying the best used Porsches – including a £6k Boxster and a £9k 996 – and we meet Hans Mezger, the man who built built Porsche's first flat-six and who calls the legendary 917 Le Mans racer his own.

PCGB were kind enough to send a £1 off voucher, so I may treat myself.

3March2012CARmagcover.jpg

Ant Blain said:
Rimmer said:
Thank you :friends:
Not a problem! :thumb:

Rimmer said:
I'll be at the newsagents in the morning :thumb:
I'm not sure if it'll be there in the morning - I think the subscription copies are delivered a few days before it 'officially' goes on sale, so it might not be physically in the shops until early next week? Worth a look if you're out and about but maybe not a good idea to make a journey solely to get the mag, or you might be disappointed...? :frustrated:

Yes you're correct, just rang two outlets and they only have the March issue :sad:

GT4 said:
PCGB were kind enough to send a £1 off voucher, so I may treat myself.

3March2012CARmagcover.jpg

Ah crap I threw away all the flyers that came with Porsche Post this morning without even looking at them (assuming that's where you got the £1 off voucher from)!

Depending how much red I drink tonight I may convince myself it's worthwhile going through the paper recycling bin later to retrieve it... :bandit:

If it's any consolation, they think the new Boxster steering stinks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back