Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Owner's CAT Driver Training Day - 20 Feb '12 Millbrook

Now I am wondering if I should try to fit in my Chip Wizards date before May 5/6... hmmmmm.... very tempting.

Thanks for all the reports guys.. I can't wait also for May to tick around.

cambjones said:
Now I am wondering if I should try to fit in my Chip Wizards date before May 5/6... hmmmmm.... very tempting.

Thanks for all the reports guys.. I can't wait also for May to tick around.

Do it Cam, it's a no-brainer if you have the time to get up there. I reckon there will be a fair amount of fettling going on. Mine's booked in at Byfleet in March for a few bits.

No need for power on the day, just control !

911UK said:
Video update :)

Video 2, the position may not have been so effective (too far forward) and will need some time to join this with some of the static videos..

cyruspower said:
911UK said:
clinchy993 said:
cyruspower said:
clinchy993 said:
cyruspower said:
Looks totally amazing, cannot wait! Need to beat Clinchy's 147.....

In 5th Sam :grin: things happen so fast I did not feel I could go up another gear

Next time :grin: :thumb:

I had the same feeling on the Nordschleife on the back straight, must be something to do with logic and living that kicks in. It's as if there's an invisible force stopping you going any faster.

Maybe you've just got to think "OK, if I die, I'll be doing something I enjoy, so let's go it to 6th."

(Only joking CAT team....)

How light was the front end at that speed?

It just got heavy in a progressive manor and Colin commented on the amount of extra downforce he could feel compared to the other 2 993s in our gang ,for me it was all I could do to just keep my focus

I might have to do it again sometime soon 8)

I managed to roughly match Clinchy's speed on the bowl, I thought my OEM car was fairly stable to a point but appreciate how much more stable his car would have been.

I need a time machine to fast forward me to the 5th or 6th May.

How much 'truffle hunting' is going on at 147 on the high speed bowl?

To be honest almost none. Little bit of fidgeting due to component movement but the car just gets more stable the faster you go. Worst point is probably around 120 when the aero hasn't really kicked in. So keep your foot in and get up to 140 and feel the difference! I was only in early 130's but confidence in it's stability was building as speed increased.

No need for power upgrades ,in fact the throttle response on my car was to much and almost harder to work with when you were coming off the gas on to brake and back on to gas with Colins fav saying 'Fast Feet'

With the exception of the bowl I doubt you will use gears 5/6 :eek:

You better off making sure your brakes and tyres and suspension are in fine fettle :thumb:

RobIpswichUK said:
To be honest almost none. Little bit of fidgeting due to component movement but the car just gets more stable the faster you go. Worst point is probably around 120 when the aero hasn't really kicked in. So keep your foot in and get up to 140 and feel the difference! I was only in early 130's but confidence in it's stability was building as speed increased.

The front wasn't too bad, it was the rear fidgeting which I found a little unnerving. However Colin assured me this was normal for a 911 and kept telling me to give it 'more gas', which I probably wouldn't have done without him alongside. He told me afterwards that I got up to 141, I'll take his word for it, I was looking where I was going and my steering wheel obscures that part of the speedo!

Great tuition :thumb:

Guys, and Gals (?)

One spot left for the May 5 or 6 993 Driver Training day II

so far we have

1. cambjones - both 5&6 May
2. cyruspower - both 5&6 May
3. rogttr - both 5 and 6 may.
4. richyd - both 5 and 6th may
5. AAT993 - both 5&6 May

Reserves

Also as soon as we get the 6th person we will need to put down a deposit with CATDT so we can reserve the day...

See Here

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=71063&highlight=

MOD Added Link :thumb:

clinchy993 said:
I have strung the 12 clips together into 1 video and will upload tomorrow as it will take some time and I am too wacked to do it tonght :sleepy:

Tony, did you get a chance to upload this?

911UK said:
madalaa said:
....breaking up for me as well.....

What a fantastic day.....bloody cold wind and I am glad I came well prepared.

I would whole heartedly recommend this CAT Training Day.....very professional and extremely well organised......thank you Colin, Paul and Jo.....hopefully I will be back for a little more training and fun.....got to say I am feeling a tadge tired now and it's still a mystery to me why my old girl didn't want to start at the security gate.... :dont know:

I would love to come and do it all again tomorrow........

Hope you get that sorted, glad you made it in and on the day :thumb:

Video update :)

Video 2, the position may not have been so effective (too far forward) and will need some time to join this with some of the static videos..

that will do it, now need to sleep for 24 hours !

Sundeep, how did you get on with the other vids?

Rob re

I have emailed it to 911UK admin 12 mins worth as I could not upload it :lol:

clinchy993 said:
Rob re

Cool cheers Tony, I'll continue to pester Sundeep! :wack:

clinchy993 said:
Rob re

Going to need that file to upload onto youtube

As for the other video, the camera in the middle was as I suspected to low to capture anything and the one on the far end, isn't too bad, caught Pinot's spin and me finally getting some oversteer, although it needed to be on the roog of that building to gain from some height

However since I havent used tapes in years, I need to acquire a suitable download port on my pc as well as some software! (on the case!)

Update on my non starting car......as I tried to start it with the steering wheel lock engaged I think my immobliser thought the car was being nicked so when I dis-engaged the steering wheel lock the immobliser was still stopping the car from being started......don't know why I could bump start it though......I have not had a problem since.....so..... :dont know:

madalaa said:
Update on my non starting car......as I tried to start it with the steering wheel lock engaged I think my immobliser thought the car was being nicked so when I dis-engaged the steering wheel lock the immobliser was still stopping the car from being started......don't know why I could bump start it though......I have not had a problem since.....so..... :dont know:

As you well know I'm not the most technical of people but would the immobiliser even know if the ignition lock was engaged? I thought it was just a mechanical lock?

cambjones said:
Guys, and Gals (?)

One spot left for the May 5 or 6 993 Driver Training day II

so far we have

1. cambjones - both 5&6 May
2. cyruspower - both 5&6 May
3. rogttr - both 5 and 6 may.
4. richyd - both 5 and 6th may
5. AAT993 - both 5&6 May
6. ME?
Reserves

Also as soon as we get the 6th person we will need to put down a deposit with CATDT so we can reserve the day...

See Here

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=71063&highlight=

MOD Added Link :thumb:

I have put my name down on the other topic on the reserve list. (I know i don't have a 993, but the dates work for me. I have owned 2 993's in the past that must count?)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back