Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spotted in a showroom...first impressions

Tokyo Joe

Montreal
Well, I spotted one in a showroom yesterday, a silver S version and I promptly walked straight in to take a look and clamber round. :Dance-Tap: A test drive was offered, but unfortunately didn't have the time, so next time.

First impressions? I liked it. Very much. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. Maybe it was the (perceived) styling cues from the 993, I don't know, but I liked it. Anyway, you cannot compare a 993 to this latest version, that would be like comparing Thunderbird 1 to the Starship Enterprise :hand:

For me, the front and front 3/4 views are the most pleasing, more so than the rear end for a change. However, what I was most impressed with was the interior. Shades of Panamera but still, it's what you'd expect for a modern car these days and it's supposed to be the latest and greatest in 911 evolution.

More importantly, the leg room was fabulous since I am over 6ft and whilst it feels cosy in the cabin, it also feels very spacious :?: A comfortable cruiser I imagine for sure.

So the only real disappointment for me was the rear end. I don't mean the styling or the namers all over the place, I mean the engine bay. Call me old fashioned, but I like to see what's propelling me down the road but when you pop the lid at the back, you don't see anything except for a cover with two fans and a couple of filler caps :wtf: So if you're a tinkerer or an armchair mechanic like me who likes to just look at the engine, you may be a tad disappointed.

Anyway, would I buy one? Yes, if I had the cash lying around, good for you if you have.

Would I trade in the precious to get one? Nah, never :nooo:

Just my 20 yens worth.

TJ

Tokyo Joe said:
More importantly, the leg room was fabulous since I am over 6ft and whilst it feels cosy in the cabin, it also feels very spacious :?: A comfortable cruiser I imagine for sure.

TJ

But have you considered those platform shoes and space for the chopper Honky Tonk :dont know:

dg29.jpg

..but I like you.

"All guidance comes from upon high........Put your trust in the good shepherd" :thumb:

And Joe just for you: :thumb:

Zingers, my chopper is too big for the 993 let alone the 991 :floor:

LMAO....He was so funny

:eek: I've just watched the closing 10s of the second clip - pure classic :grin:

"Do'ya wanna bring this old puff upstairs Charlie?"

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back