Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why You Don''t Drive Your Porsche Into Wet Cement

Porsche News

An auto journalist on a drive through San Francisco (USA) yesterday morning happened to come across the above Porsche 911 right after it plowed into a patch of fresh, wet cement. Here's what he had to say:

Saw this while in San Francisco Thursday morning on car business "” too bad I couldn't have gotten a better shot, but I was test-driving a new model (can't say which) in traffic with no place to pull over.

Apparently a Porsche 911 driver with more money than brains plowed into a pit of fresh cement where they were repaving the road along the coast. Just before this the workers were frantically trying to shovel out the cement before it set any further. No obvious sighting of the owner, however.

jalopnik.com

Attachments

• fail2_189.jpg
    fail2_189.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 19,729
  • fail1_520.jpg
    fail1_520.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 19,729
Let me guess was the driver on the phone?
:sad:

I don't know, was she?

It could be Top Gear's new episode..'one of the tasks- How a 997 handles in cement' :?:

Are you sure that is the standard suspension?

Looks too low to me.

Slayer said:
It could be Top Gear's new episode..'one of the tasks- How a 991handles in cement' :?:

Or maybe a comparison test summer tyres today, winter tyres tomorrow or maybe the day after. It depends on how quickly the cement drys :?:

reckon he was trying to cover up the over-riders on the rear bumper :yuk:

What are those additions, I have only seen on American cars?

smtc4s said:
What are those additions, I have only seen on American cars?
Used to limit low-speed impact damage in a specific test thought up by US Insurance companies.
It looks as if these bumperettes are no longer needed on US versions of the 991.

Jealous/scorned wife.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back