Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Owner's CAT Driver Training Day - 20 Feb '12 Millbrook

I have strung the 12 clips together into 1 video and will upload tomorrow as it will take some time and I am too wacked to do it tonght :sleepy:

madalaa said:
....breaking up for me as well.....

What a fantastic day.....bloody cold wind and I am glad I came well prepared.

I would whole heartedly recommend this CAT Training Day.....very professional and extremely well organised......thank you Colin, Paul and Jo.....hopefully I will be back for a little more training and fun.....got to say I am feeling a tadge tired now and it's still a mystery to me why my old girl didn't want to start at the security gate.... :dont know:

I would love to come and do it all again tomorrow........

Hope you get that sorted, glad you made it in and on the day :thumb:

Video update :)

Video 2, the position may not have been so effective (too far forward) and will need some time to join this with some of the static videos..

that will do it, now need to sleep for 24 hours !

Sundeep, impressive stuff mate.. no idea what you were doing but I'm sure it was hard... judging by how far you turned the steering wheel at speed.

Thanks for all the feedback on the day.... sounded amazing..

The hotel for the night before sounds like a great idea.. how did you avoid the hang over???????

So the next one is scheduled for 5 or 6 May (Sat/Sun)

Here is the thread http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=71063

1. cambjones - both 5&6 May
2. cyruspower - both 5&6 May
3. rogttr - both 5 and 6 may.
4. AAT993 - both 5&6 May

Two spots left... !!!!

Looks totally amazing, cannot wait! Need to beat Clinchy's 147.....

Last to post as usual!

Just to echo all the above comments, a great day out, well worth the money and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one feeling weary tonight. :sleepy:

Thought I'd pop in late to my firm's quiz night this evening, only to find they'd already finished and gone home.. It did give me the chance to put what I'd learned today into practice on country roads I know :D

cambjones said:
The hotel for the night before sounds like a great idea.. how did you avoid the hang over???????

We only drank lemonade!!! :floor:

cyruspower said:

In 5th Sam :grin: things happen so fast I did not feel I could go up another gear

Next time :grin: :thumb:

clinchy993 said:
cyruspower said:

In 5th Sam :grin: things happen so fast I did not feel I could go up another gear

I had the same feeling on the Nordschleife on the back straight, must be something to do with logic and living that kicks in. It's as if there's an invisible force stopping you going any faster.

Maybe you've just got to think "OK, if I die, I'll be doing something I enjoy, so let's go it to 6th."

(Only joking CAT team....)

How light was the front end at that speed?

clinchy993 said:
cyruspower said:

I managed to change into 6th but I was doing 'only' 130. And it took me about half a lap to pluck up the courage. :oops:

cyruspower said:

Actually one of the interesting things we all discovered yesterday is the degree to which the aero of the 993 pushes the nose down at speed and gives it a lot of grip and stability... It's a clever little beast

Glad to read that you all made it safely home, even with detours :) and trust you weren't driving Caterhams in your sleep all night :grin:

Thank you for a wonderful day that Paul, Colin & I greatly enjoyed as well. Congratulations to:

tmilligan = End of Day Gymkhana
Pinot = Driver of the Day
911uk = Slidey Choc

Look forward to seeing you all again in the future either on track, at Millbrook or at a stately home or two :thumb:

Jo

cyruspower said:
clinchy993 said:
cyruspower said:

I had the same feeling on the Nordschleife on the back straight, must be something to do with logic and living that kicks in. It's as if there's an invisible force stopping you going any faster.

Maybe you've just got to think "OK, if I die, I'll be doing something I enjoy, so let's go it to 6th."

It just got heavy in a progressive manor and Colin commented on the amount of extra downforce he could feel compared to the other 2 993s in our gang ,for me it was all I could do to just keep my focus

I might have to do it again sometime soon 8)

So pleased to read all these great reports of what sounds like a very successful day. Looking forward to the 996/997 weekend even more now.. roll on April. :)

clinchy993 said:
cyruspower said:
clinchy993 said:
cyruspower said:

It just got heavy in a progressive manor and Colin commented on the amount of extra downforce he could feel compared to the other 2 993s in our gang ,for me it was all I could do to just keep my focus

I managed to roughly match Clinchy's speed on the bowl, I thought my OEM car was fairly stable to a point but appreciate how much more stable his car would have been.

911UK said:
clinchy993 said:
cyruspower said:
clinchy993 said:
cyruspower said:

I managed to roughly match Clinchy's speed on the bowl, I thought my OEM car was fairly stable to a point but appreciate how much more stable his car would have been.

I need a time machine to fast forward me to the 5th or 6th May.

How much 'truffle hunting' is going on at 147 on the high speed bowl?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back