Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Owner's CAT Driver Training Day - 20 Feb '12 Millbrook

madalaa said:
....spare bottle of oil!.....I thought you were coming in a 993 not a 996......;)

I always carry a bottle 8)

Am I the only one traveling up in the morning ,got a sick wife at the moment so will have to be on my toes very early

clinchy993 said:
Am I the only one traveling up in the morning ,got a sick wife at the moment so will have to be on my toes very early

ditto on all counts

looking forward to this event :)

.....I will be leaving from Ealing.....approx 6.30 am......maybe a tadge before 'cos I need to top up with Shell's finest.....:)

Nice weather for it.

Great weather for today's event. Can't wait for everyone's thoughts.

The CAT Driver Training Day is proving to be a popular event, all 12 spaces for the 14th/15th April 2012 - 996/997 weekend have now been reserved. :thumb:

Re: Nice weather for it.

911turbo996 said:
Great weather for today's event. Can't wait for everyone's thoughts.

Fantastic Event, even as a seasoned Track Day'er I learnt a lot during the day and Milbrook is an amazing venue which is so much more real world than a circuit, as well as showing us those circuits used by Fifth Gear and Top Gear.

We all had great fun and could have spend another day and another day at the CATDT event http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/ and of course a fantastic run event by Jo, Paul and Colin of CADT

Day ended with a fun 'Gymkhana' using a Caterham, which I spun on the timed event :floor: which Tom managed to win with Neil the most improved driver of the event

thanks to Rob for organising and of course the entertaining company of the fellow 993 drivers on the event, Andy, Tony, Neil, Tom and Rob.

When I've got my 964, I'll be back at CATDT for another driver event and we all want to have a go on their special Gymkhana event in the autumn, which I'm sure all of the 996/997 drivers attending in April will appreciate.

1000% recommended, it may be more expensive than a cheaper airfield day but the quality of CADT and the 'Hollywood' facilities of Milbrook make this course Value for Money !

Pictures of the day were limited by Milbrook security since there were many secret test cars around us on the day (being a weekday) but we do have some pics and video of the over/under steer circuit...coming soon !

Attachments

• gopr24_149.jpg
    gopr24_149.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 78
I won't take offence Sundeep, Adam was the first man, unfortunately I finished second (damn time penalty!)

Rob

updated :pc:

Home now after a wonderfully entertaining and educational day out.

Many many thanks to Jo, Paul and Colin for putting on a day which was faultless and fluid.

Good to see all you 911uk boys... I'm very much looking forward to doing more of the same.

Oh, and I've got that lovely bottle of poo on ice. :D :D

My summary of today, for those either considering or booked in already. Won't give too much away:

- Great weather (dry and 'brisk'! some would say chuffing cold in the wind)
- Started day with 1 mile straight (for brake testing), fantastic stuff, Tom even found out that he had no ABS as those big reds bit and he was overtaken by the best tyre smoke cloud of the day!
- Next to the High Speed Bowl, Clinchy managed the best top speed at about 147ish which took a fair amount of bottle (and of course the RS Aerokit - we would all have been equally fast if had one too!)
- On to the Handling Circuit which was amazingly good fun, to get the best out of the car (and get buzzed by some incredibly short wheelbase bike engined buggies who were trying to showboat)
- Next up, one of the best parts of the day, on the Alpine/Hill course, with some amazing corners, inclines and drops (if you've never seen it check out Tiff driving the Arena Red 993 Turbo on YouTube)
- Onwards to the Steering Pad - read that as chance to try to get the car drifting, or spinning (delete as appropriate!). Great fun, but incredibly hard to provoke a decent drift! These things have too much grip!
- Lastly and most fun and a tiny bit competitive, the Gymkhana. Timed circuit in a Caterham. I think we're all trying to find a space to store one, it was that addictive! Can't believe I missed a cone right at the start and ended up with a penalty which blew my chances and only managed second. Hats off to Tom for a great lap with no errors.

All in all, superb value for money, brilliantly organised, you'll have a great day, with Colin, Paul and Jo. Place confidence in what they tell you and you'll get a huge amount out of the car and the day.

After my HID's (one of which failed during the day!) this is the best value for money I've spent for the car.

Looking forward to all Sundeep's and Tony's pics/videos which we were allowed on the day.

Great day, great training, great group and great location (and you never know what'll be hurtling around on the day)

For those of you booked on this, you will have an absolute blast

For those still thinking about it get signed up

The day starting with a little bit of fear of the unknown and just watch your confidence and skill set grow as the day progresses

A must do !! if you own a 911

Colin and his team make you feel very safe at all times and inspire you to push on :worship:

Jo makes a mean cuppa and the food was 1st class

You will be amazed what a 993 will do in terms of braking /grip /steering and just out and out speed 140mph + on the Bowl was awsome

For anyone considering this, apart from the obvious GO FOR IT!

Tom (tmilligan), Neil (Pinot) and myself stayed the previous night in Hotel Greens (10 minute drive away, loads of parking space) in Woburn Sands, recommended on CATDT site.

Nice pubs and restaurants in walking distance and a good opportunity to get to know others in the group beforehand. Was very cheap, and included a full english breakfast, so can't complain and minimal risk of not getting there in time, and a good standard of no frills basic accomodation. Nearby Tesco 24 hr selling 99/Momentum (3 miles), and a Shell Garage (for VP) almost on the way to Millbrook. Well recommended.

<damn youtube!> :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc:

Not sure if it's my PC but is it breaking up for everyone else?

....breaking up for me as well.....

What a fantastic day.....bloody cold wind and I am glad I came well prepared.

I would whole heartedly recommend this CAT Training Day.....very professional and extremely well organised......thank you Colin, Paul and Jo.....hopefully I will be back for a little more training and fun.....got to say I am feeling a tadge tired now and it's still a mystery to me why my old girl didn't want to start at the security gate.... :dont know:

I would love to come and do it all again tomorrow........

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back