Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats the new 3.4 Carrera like? which options?

I stand corrected.

~ Maxie :thumb:

That creates interesting potential for hotter versions of the Boxster and Cayman.

Some very informative posts; but who thinks a new 3.4 Carrera will be a worth while buy? Do you think it will be a great drivers car or do you have reservations?

I'll be honest; I don't think (m)any of us have driven the 3.4 991, and I don't think (m)any of us are actually thinking about buying one right now so we're basically just chipping in because we like talking Pork.

History (or at least, 997.1 / 997.2 history) shows us that the Carrera is often bypassed by most in favour of the Carrera S and I don't think there is a big enough price / performance difference in the 991 models for that not to repeat itself.

Which of the myriad of chassis options (PDCC, PTV, PASM, sports chrono etc.) actually enhance the drive is probably up for debate right now - I don't think anyone (even journalists) has spent enough time in cars with / without all this kit to be able to give a definitive answer, so I guess speccing and buying a 991 so soon after launch has the same flaws as early adoption of any new model?

Although the answer to the question 'will it be a great drivers car?' is almost certainly 'yes when compared to pretty much any other car on the market' but might be 'no when compared to a 991 S with PTV, PDDC etc.'... :dont know:

Although the answer to the question 'will it be a great drivers car?' is almost certainly 'yes when compared to pretty much any other car on the market' but might be 'no when compared to a 991 S with PTV, PDDC etc.'... :dont know:[/quote]

I understand what you're saying here. If I went for a new 3.4 is still going to cost 76k with the options. Thats really stretching me out of my comfort zone. To live the the deppreciation I would have to keep the car for quite a while, adding to this the S seems to be a much better car makes me feel uncomfortable. Really like the look of the 991 but for now it might be sensible to buy a secondhand gen2 997 :?:

Thank god we got that sorted :thumb:

I am waiting for my 3.4L with plenty of options :

Basalt Black Metallic
Standard interior / leather seats in Black
ParkAssist front and rear
Electric folding outside mirrors
Model designition "911"
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Sports exhaust system
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Active Suspension Management(PASM)
Sport Chrono Package in conjunction with PCM
Power steering Plus
19-inch Carrera wheel
Wheel Caps
Heated seats
Cruise control
HomeLink® (garage door opener)
Light design package
Preparation Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (PVTS)
Floor mats
Sports seats, electrical (14-way) with memory package Interior Leather
SportDesign steering wheel
Telephone module
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation

Why did I go for the C2 & not the C2S ?
Because I don't plan to go with it on a track. I estimated that I am not such a "pilot" and will not feel the difference on the public road. C2 is "greener" and the performance delta with a PDK & chrono with the 997 C2S is minimal. I would not pretend that the 997 C2S has a poor engine performance.

But yes I did not see any review on the C2 !!!

Just having a play on the configurator to spec a 991 to what I have now. Is the 4s listed on there, as can only see a Gen2 on there?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back