Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spotted Rare 911 (996) GT2 Clubsport For Sale

....all 996 GT2's that left the factory with the clubsport package have/had north > south extinguishers.

If it was fitted out at the factory it would have the clubsport option code on the bonnet sticker and in the handbook. A quick call to an OPC with the VIN can also confirm where the CS pack was added.

Its easy enough to convert a std GT2 to a clubsport spec, re seats, cage, belts etc and it does not de-value the car.

The tell-tale is the master cut-off switch circuit(shipped with the factory CS cars but circuit not active). All the factory spec'd CS cars had this circuit.

This looks like a very nice motor :thumb:

I think the 996.2 GT3 RS centre rad chimney was cosmetic and didn't use canted centre rad or re routed air flow. This may go some way to explaining the german article results?

During the GT2 pre/production road tests the engineers had terrible aero issues trying to keep the nose from lifting after 175mph. To solve it they revised the rear wing and routed more air over and through the front. It's still not quite as stable as a turbo near the max but few of us will go near 200 mph

Gt2

I'm hoping to take a trip to Germany this year and go for the big 200mph,realistic ? Stupid? I'm not sure but a goal of mine. DMS whom worked on my car seem to think 200mph not a problem in this car currently running at 547 BHP as last tested. any advise?

Only really viable at night time....anything up to 160mph is attainable
with care pretty much anywhere. At 180mph, that Volvo estate .5km up
the road comes up in a blink of an eye !!.
It's the last 20mph...you need a really clear road and great visability !
:wink:

Re: Gt2

miles said:
I'm hoping to take a trip to Germany this year and go for the big 200mph,realistic ? Stupid? I'm not sure but a goal of mine. DMS whom worked on my car seem to think 200mph not a problem in this car currently running at 547 BHP as last tested. any advise?

200 mph in anything is always a risk but hats off to you if you can get to it.

Fresh tyres, correct tyre pressures, tip-top brakes and perfect suspension and steering(get checked beforehand) are vital. If you have had a puncture repaired on any of the tyres I'd think carefully about using it at over 185mph(just my own view about repaired tyres).

At those speeds a worn bush, ARB etc could make it "interesting"

GT2

Thanks

Will get car checked out and new tyres, the car reaches 160 very quickly I don't think the extra 40mph will be a problem for the car but I realize things and reaction times are very different with the added speed.

nick w said:
Only really viable at night time....anything up to 160mph is attainable
with care pretty much anywhere. At 180mph, that Volvo estate .5km up
the road comes up in a blink of an eye !!.
It's the last 20mph...you need a really clear road and great visability !
:wink:

I wouldn't even consider trying for 200 at night on an unknown road. A bit of debris or broken up concrete & it could all end very badly. :nooo:

Daytime with great visibility & having already been down the road looking for problems is the best way.

Apparently the last 20mph or so up to 200 is always a challenge for most supercars due to air flow/stability and the BHP/grunt required for that extra 20/30mph. I think it will creep up to 200 from 180/170.

wizard993 said:
Apparently the last 20mph or so up to 200 is always a challenge for most supercars due to air flow/stability and the BHP/grunt required for that extra 20/30mph. I think it will creep up to 200 from 180/170.

Unless of course you have a Veyron....the new Aventador would be quite
handy too...... 8)

ah that's my old car. PM me if you want any details on it. I owned it for 3 years. Seems to have sold a few days ago.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back