Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 [993] Turbo X50 only 15000 miles but at £84k ! ?

Its funny how we all keep banging the drum on 'buy on condition NOT mileage'.

Does anyone listen? Do they *****!

I actually believe that most people buy low mileage for the cache/brag factor, not necessarily the condition factor.

MTR

No - knock £50k off and then you're in the right ball park :wink:

That is ridiculous.

And if I had the money, I would be equally ridiculous and buy it.

Awesome car at an awesome price - I do feel that while it appears to be in concours condition and benefits greatly from its low mileage status, I have two points to make:

1. I would almost certainly replace the steering wheel back to factory specification.
2. I personally think that Arctic Silver with Classic Grey leather is not the strongest of colour combinations.

If I was in the market for a Turbo I would have rather side stepped this car, saved upwards of £30K and purchased the Silver/Chestnut JZM car which sold recently - that was very special in my eyes.

is that a tear under the speedo?

Paul_911 said:
Awesome car at an awesome price - I do feel that while it appears to be in concours condition and benefits greatly from its low mileage status, I have two points to make:

1. I would almost certainly replace the steering wheel back to factory specification.
2. I personally think that Arctic Silver with Classic Grey leather is not the strongest of colour combinations.

If I was in the market for a Turbo I would have rather side stepped this car, saved upwards of £30K and purchased the Silver/Chestnut JZM car which sold recently - that was very special in my eyes.

Personally, I prefer the 996 steering wheel but I agree it would be better in black.
I think the colour combo is rather dull & I don't like arctic silver much (but that's just me).
There's the usual problem about getting a car with such low miles & then being concerned about driving it.
I'd look around for one with about 30k & save a few quid.
Is it worth it? Yes - if someone wants a super low miles car & will pay for it. Try finding another with such low mileage :dont know:

Discord23 said:
is that a tear under the speedo?
You mean the little rubber grommet/illumination light for ignition switch. That's a 97 car thing.

So where's elee? He's in the market for one of these... :dont know:

rottenbend said:
Richyd said:
Grey steering wheel :yuk:

The rest is :cloud9: though.....

I reckon they'd put a black one on if you were willing to stump up £84k :grin:

...and that grey interior!!....no...no...a thousand times no.

What about the ocean jade one at Paul Stephens? This bad boy covered 11k and on at £125,000! put 4k miles on it and wipe 40k off the value....

are 993 turbos really potential classics in the way a 73 RS is? In 20 years time, worth around £300 - 400k then???

Bonkers!

kiwi197 said:
are 993 turbos really potential classics in the way a 73 RS is? In 20 years time, worth around £300 - 400k then???

Bonkers!

Why not?

It was made in limited numbers, at the time it was launched it was heralded as something special, and is still regarded as the zenith of Porsche's mainstream air-cooled model development.

My mate bought his '73 RS in 1985 for £20k. At the time his mates said he was nuts, that money was half-way a new 3.2 Carrera.

And which is worth more now by a multiplier of 10....?

dont get me wrong i really hope it is the case, i love the price craziness of some of these cars! All dreamland for me, but if i had one, id want to drive and drive and drive!

kiwi197 said:
What about the ocean jade one at Paul Stephens? This bad boy covered 11k and on at £125,000! put 4k miles on it and wipe 40k off the value....
I thought that one was a proper Turbo S, not that I'm trying to justify it £125k price tag you understand................

yes true, it is. those carbon fibre inserts and turquoise seats more than justify the extra 40k :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back