Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rendering pictures of the 2013 981 Cayman

Porsche News

We are now treated to this set of renderings of the upcoming model that have been superbly created by Wildspeed.

Styling for the all new model is already well known. It will follow very much in the vein of its open-top brother - the 2013 Porsche Boxster Roadster and by the looks of things, the renderings are pretty much spot on. Wildspeed has also gone the extra mile to present the coupe in an array of different colors. We are loving the metallic silver option, but which one would you take?

The new Cayman will boast the same engine options as the Boxster. The base model will get a 2.7 liter engine that produces 265 HP (261 bhp / 195 kW) whilst the high performance Boxster S gets a bigger 3.4-liter engine delivering 315 HP (311 bhp / 232 kW).

Cayman-front-yellow.jpg

Cayman-Rear-yellow.jpg

Cayman-Rear-grey.jpg

Cayman-front-grey.jpg

Cayman-Rear-grey1.jpg

Cayman-front-aquablue.jpg

Cayman-front-black.jpg

Cayman-front-red.jpg

Cayman-Rear-red.jpg

Cayman-front-silver.jpg

Cayman-Rear-silver.jpg

http://www.porscheboost.com/content.php?2076-PorscheBoost-renders-pictures-of-the-2013-981-Cayman

Wicked!

Not surprised they got the 991 out the traps first.

Anyone want a 991 slot?

Loving the side strakes!

(most likely to make another 10BHP over Boxster though)

Now THAT could be the car to, one day, tempt me away from a 911.

The silver looks especially nice.

Roll on 2017 when I could probably justify the outlay for a 4 year old one. :thumb:

Those renders scream TT Gen2 with extra man added, bound to be a fantastic bit of kit when it arrives. Just hope they don't pull the 991 trick with the pricing and turn a nicely spec'd one in a 70k car :x

Handsome little fella isn't it?! Looks great, it's a shame I don't think there'll ever be any serious hardcore GT3-type version. The R was getting there, but an RS or even Turbo would surely sell like hot cakes.... And it would be nice to get my clubs in a boot not in the back seat for a change... :eek:

Looks really good, going close to knocking the 911 off in terms of looks!
Gold/ yellow one or the dark grey one for me thanks :thumbs:
or the black one with the red interior - nice :D

I like that...

I could see myself in one.

T8996C4 said:
Now THAT could be the car to, one day, tempt me away from a 911.

The silver looks especially nice.

Roll on 2017 when I could probably justify the outlay for a 4 year old one. :thumb:

Saw some shots of the proposed new Cayman late last year...said at the
time, ''this should have been the new 911, small, compact, lovely lines''.
My goodness, it looks bloody fantastic....give me a Cayman RS !! :grin:

Wow. I love this. I've been a Cayman S for the last year and a half and whilst i'm a huge fan of the car I've never been 100% in love with the look.

This new style seems to (positively) address what has always been my least favourite part of the Cayman's style - the side vents. I've always found them to be a bit cheap, nasty and 'stuck on' if you know what i mean?

The new door style and vents look the dogs and i think i may have seen a styling company offer a mod like this a while back.

Thumbs up!!

Between this and the new Boxsters, I'm pretty much sure the 911 as we know it is dead.

Apparently it might be available by this summer. I was speaking to someone in the trade today who said it's being released for 2013 MY, which starts end of July. I think I'm more excited about the new Cayman than I am about the new Boxster or 991.
:thumb:

+1

Just hope they are on the courtesy fleet by autumn.

Was disappointed last year that the Cayenne Diesels on the OPC Cambridge fleet were the previous model :sad:

I like the look of that a lot. I think it might make quite a nice stable-mate for the 993... :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdj
Back