Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: 996 hard top red tool

Dunkwho

I don't have a hardtop tool for my car, its only a 5mm allen key I believe so I'm hoping that its not critical that its missing, if anyone has one could you get in touch? I'm told that mine is a 2004 model (despite being on a 53 plate which I'm struggling to understand :)), I believe there are two hood types (bayonet and screw thread, but I'm still a newbie) but I'm not sure if they share the same tool.

Thanks,
Duncan

Not to insult you, but it's definitely not in its holder behind the rear seats?

Oooh I got excited then, but no the tool behind the seats is not the one I'm after. I did open up the panel and take a look to make sure but that's the emergency soft top tool to get the mech open and roof up if you have a power or mech failure. The one im looking for is indeed the one that blue eyes has linked to. I presume that it's not yours and that you just found the link? I've been watching for one on eBay, tust one to come up after I've posted.

No it's not mine, I remembered your thread when I was looking for something else :thumb:

Sorry, saw read title as "red (handled) roof tool" and thought you meant the emergency folding hood tool.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back