Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Poor preparation at Porsche Leicester

Tinker

Albert Park
I take care of my cars, but am not too bothered by 'detailing', yet even I noticed the quite poor preparation of new & secondhand cars at Porsche Leicester.

Mind you, the showroom is worth a visit, not least for the building itself, the gorgeous Chinese 'Lesta' woman on reception and the coffee:

http://www.porschehost.com/home.asp?opc=38

Tinker said:
?........ I noticed the quite poor preparation of new & secondhand cars at Porsche Leicester.

That's one of the side-effects of this forum.

You'll be doing things to your car soon that you didn't know needed doing, too!

:)

I was in Sytner High Wycombe BMW dealers the other day and noticed thast a lot of the new cars had loads of small scratches on the bonnet - and presumably elsewhere. The paint on my 911 is in better nick.

"No such thing as perfect paint," said a sales guy (yawn). "Nothing that a good machine polish wouldn't remove." Hmmm...

I had a couple of bad experiences with other OPC's (stone chips/ paintwork).

Cambridge and Exeter are good in preparing the cars!(IMHO) :thumb:

Tinker said:
...yet even I noticed the quite poor preparation of new & secondhand cars at Porsche Leicester.

Contrast OPC Silverstone whose cars are spotless. I've notice JZM's cars a bit scruffy.

Mind you, the showroom is worth a visit, not least for the building itself, the gorgeous Chinese 'Lesta' woman on reception...

This thread is useless without photos!

Interesting you should mention this.

A neighbour bought a used 997 C4S off them two years ago, he was mighty pleased, and I didn't have the heart to tell him the prep was poor. He realised soon enough after a few washes, I ended up machining it for him when he went away on hoilday, took me about 16 hours to get anywhere near good, needed a lot more work on it, but I never got around to it, he's swapped it a couple of weeks ago and it's back in their showroom :thumb:

markvorny said:

I ended up machining it for him when he went away on hoilday, took me about 16 hours to get anywhere near good, needed a lot more work on it, :thumb:

Can I move near to you please :)

Bubbles said:
markvorny said:

I ended up machining it for him when he went away on hoilday, took me about 16 hours to get anywhere near good, needed a lot more work on it, :thumb:

A true friend indeed :friends:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back