Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Qatar, Porsche Police Parade

Porsche News

A video showing a procession of Porsche Panamera and Cayenne police cars in the sovereign Arab state of Qatar celebrating the 2011 Qatar National Day. Not sure if these are all real police cars but it seems perfectly plausible. Qatar is a known investor in both Porsche and it's parent company the Volkswagen group.

Attachments

• porscheqatar_452.jpg
    porscheqatar_452.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,425
Qatari police cars

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...rsche-can-do-for-your-police-fleet-video.html

porsche_qatar_parade.jpg

Can't be bad cruising around in Cayennes and Panamera's all day. I believe all public sector workers recently got a 100%+ pay increase too....

They also pay no tax and don't have to pay for their services such as water or electricity. And petrol is peanuts. Tough life :roll:

rottenbend said:
They also pay no tax and don't have to pay for their services such as water or electricity. And petrol is peanuts. Tough life :roll:

Their lives in Qatar are some of the best in the world if not the best. I was told recently that the King gave everyone one a Million $ on his Birthday. Correct me if I got that wrong but it was something similar. They are a little bit racist though.

Compared to the circa 100k units per annum total Porsche production, that fleet is still a drop in the ocean.

Effectively Porsche is the national car of Qatar, plus they've also effectively paid for themselves in the last year.

Qatari sovereign wealth in the form of the "Qatar Investment Authority" (ie the country's investment reserves) owns 17-percent of Volkswagen and 10-percent of Porsche AG.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back