Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 997 Turbo Horror Story

Porsche News

This particular owner from the Us of A opted to apply Metallic Silverlake which Porsche prepared individually as this is a Bentley colour.

However the owner had the dealership apply El Turbo Green coloured accents, then there are the HRE polished aluminum 20 inch wheels. Whilst they might fit a Bentley or a Yank muscle car perfectly, but don't a Porsche.

A perfect 3 way combo that make the car look tacky and a horror show.

Not all that bad (no really!) as there is a Fabspeed Motorsports ECU tune, a new exhaust, high velocity headers, a high performance air intake system and a set of Techart LED's. all in all now produces 644hp and 677ft-lbs of torque.

The car is currently for sale at Brighton Motorsports in the USA for $ 110,000.

Attachments

• 997tthorror_05_211.jpg
    997tthorror_05_211.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 17,284
  • 997tthorror_04_508.jpg
    997tthorror_04_508.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 17,284
  • 997tthorror_03_896.jpg
    997tthorror_03_896.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 17,284
  • 997tthorror_02_106.jpg
    997tthorror_02_106.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 17,284
  • 997tthorror_01_203.jpg
    997tthorror_01_203.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 17,284
http://www.brightonmotorsports.com/porsche-911-turbo-coupe-2008

From their website :D

NOT just another Porsche!

This beautiful and amazingly fast car was special ordered from Porsche by our friend and customer.

He is 76 years young and put much of his passion and artistic talent into this car. Fred is a graphic designer and artist and with meticulous attention to every detail he used this Porsche as his canvas. He had Porsche apply the beautiful Metallic Silverlake paint that is a factory Bentley color. Fred had our Brighton Ranch shop apply the El Turbo Green color to some of the trim which offers the visual dynamics that are on par with the mechanical aspect of the car.

He apparently has an equal talent in combining the best in Porsche aftermarket speed equipment with the already potent and bullet proof Porsche engine. With 677 ft. lbs. of Torque and 644 horsepower this car is blindingly fast but still easy to drive in traffic. With this much power and all four wheels pulling, the car is incredibly fast.

Fabspeed Motorsports did the majority of the upgrades to the twin turbo engine while Evolution Motorsports dyno software calculated this car as being capable of a 0 to 60 sprint of 3.1 seconds and able to reach 208 MPH!

Every inch of this pristine automotive wonder defines precise consideration in all aspects. The top of the line polished aluminum 20 X 9" HRE front wheels and 20 x 12" HRE back wheels sport Pzero Nero Pirelli tires contributing to state of the art handling.

The car looks and performs like new as it should since it has only 4070 gentle miles. It has won a number of awards at local Concours events (Best in Display, Top Ten Unrestored, Laguna SECA Raceway Award, Two time winner of First in Class Full Concours).

She drives as well as she looks and she looks amazing. Words and pictures only begin to explain the overall appeal of this car. Once driven, you will fully understand its unique abilities and beauty.
To further validate the incredible qualifications, below are some further technical data:

El Turbo Specifications
Engine – 3.6 liter, 6 cylinder
6 speed manual transmission with sports shifter
644 hp @ 5,500 rpm, 677 Lb.ft. torque (SAE)
0 – 60 mph 3.1 seconds
Standing mile 180 mph
Top speed 208 mph
Curb wt. 3,440 Lbs.

Performance Package
Evolution tuning with EVMSitECU software
Fabspeed Version 3 Maxflow exhaust system with race KATS and dual quad tips
Fabspeed Formula 1 style high velocity headers
Fabspeed high performance air intake system with K&N filters and carbon fiber heat handling
GT2 Carbon fiber wing
Tech-Art LED driving lights

Custom Interior
Thicker leather steering wheel
Supple leather seats front & back with a combination of linen & sea blue leather with blue stitching throughout
Sea blue Cantara roofliner
Sea blue carpet with matching Turbo mats
Embossed Porsche logo on storage lid
Embossed Porsche crest on headrests
Center console painted to match exterior
Aluminum gear lever/hand break package

With ownership you may well be the talk of the neighborhood, fastest on the road, most comfortable in your car, and best of all the most satisfied fine automobile owner there is. Find out for yourself!

Attachments

• 997tthorror_11_167.jpg
    997tthorror_11_167.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 17,273
  • 997tthorror_10_184.jpg
    997tthorror_10_184.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 17,273
  • 997tthorror_09_119.jpg
    997tthorror_09_119.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 17,273
  • 997tthorror_08_733.jpg
    997tthorror_08_733.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 17,273
  • 997tthorror_07_133.jpg
    997tthorror_07_133.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 17,273
  • 997tthorror_05_140.jpg
    997tthorror_05_140.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 17,273
:nooo:

Interior's quite nice though, I like that.

Outside is truly vile though.

I was actually starting to think it looked quite nice until I saw the interior :yuk:

Have you got any pictures of the harness for the guide dog?

GT4 said:

Possibly a bit harsh!

Change the green accents and rims, and I think I could live with it. For as long as the adrenalin rush continues.

All of those green accented parts could be fairly easily removed and resprayed (assuming the colour can be matched which might be tricky). Match them to the body colour and its not so bad. Wouldnt have it but there is worse out there.

Anyone who specs "soft ruffled" leather on a Turbo should be shot (at least 24 other offences to be taken into account too).

Including the "Gavin & Stacey" tribute sun-visor strip:

Attachments

• 997tthorror_02_106_978.jpg
    997tthorror_02_106_978.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 17,187
At least theres no chance of it getting stolen!

Yuk.

I think I know the previous owner... :?:

Attachments

• mr_motivator_116.jpg
    mr_motivator_116.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 17,160
Colour blind.. :nooo:

I have just tasted a little bit of sick in my mouth :yuk:

Wrong just all wrong. lose the writing we know what it is. loose the green paint. lose the Kev and Tracey visor. change the wheels and interior. put the steering wheel on the correct side and I still wouldn't buy it. The owner is obviously stuck in the eightees. :nooo:

At least now Porches dealers can refer any future similar requests to the local Bentley franchise without any impact on VWs bottom line.

In truth the blue is okay and arguably no less an acquired taste than some official Porche metallics. The green accents and hot-wheels rims are easily fixed and then you are just left with a questionable interior/exterior combo - not unlike a fair number of other cars out there!

Just trying to be positive :thumb:

tim

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back