Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

968 Sport

Awesome work. Having been privy to the dealings here I can hopefully add some sense and taste to the wheel colouring.

Certainly the coloured wheel is inkeeping in the ethos of the 968 CS.......although red lends itself to perhaps green or yellow wheels, or better still green centres with a red or yellow stripe or yellow centres with a red stripe or a mix of these or all of these. This clearly makes sense.

Will await other thoughts. Please also do not rule out the digital display, a futuristic dashboard could look great with the coloured wheels.

You are nearly the man with everything.....when the wheels are done you will be complete.

Great work Sam - black Cup IIs would look the business.

clinchy993 said:
Red is becoming the fastest colour ,Well don Sam :thumb:

Cheers Tony, I'm looking forward to passing, sorry, seeing you, on the track...... :wink:

rottenbend said:
Great work Sam - black Cup IIs would look the business.

Thanks Peter, am feeling pretty excited about it. Black is cool too, but thinking that I want red as it's CS orientated and I've never owned a red car before, so thought I could go balls and all and have a totally red car.

TheCock said:
Awesome work. Having been privy to the dealings here I can hopefully add some sense and taste to the wheel colouring.

Certainly the coloured wheel is inkeeping in the ethos of the 968 CS.......although red lends itself to perhaps green or yellow wheels, or better still green centres with a red or yellow stripe or yellow centres with a red stripe or a mix of these or all of these. This clearly makes sense.

Will await other thoughts. Please also do not rule out the digital display, a futuristic dashboard could look great with the coloured wheels.

You are nearly the man with everything.....when the wheels are done you will be complete.

Some good points raised there Ben, particularly in terms of the wheel colour options. I called in at Byfleet today and they have a black 968 that they use for track days.

It's black with Signal Green wheels and mirrors. I like the idea of yellow wheels as my Grandad was a postman and his van was red and yellow.

Perhaps I could do a Royal Mail themed 968, with the Royal Mail logo on the doors? I reckon that would be a nice homage to him and his hard work in the postal service. (Althought he's dead now so he won't get to appreciate it. :? )

The digi dash is a nice idea (The Hoff Knightrider is my all time favorite TV show), but I was thinking about putting a 993 dash in so I'd feel a bit more at home? Is it possible to do this?

All I'm missing now is a downstairs mix-up. :thumb:

oldGreg.jpg

The Royal Mail homage is simply the work of genius. How many Royal Mail liveried 968s are out there?

Good stuff Sam, that didnt take long!

Hopefully look forward to seeing it and helping when you've decided the prescription for the wheels. :thumb:

TheCock said:
The Royal Mail homage is simply the work of genius. How many Royal Mail liveried 968s are out there?

Weren't the dealer launch cars in this spec :?:

Chris W said:
Good stuff Sam, that didnt take long!

Hopefully look forward to seeing it and helping when you've decided the prescription for the wheels. :thumb:

Defo on for having the wheels done Chris. If the inspection checks out will give you a bell next week to book them in. Don't tell Ben, but I think it'll be body colour wheels. He can get quite upset and nasty when things don't go his way with motors, both his own and other people's..... :?

Sam

Congratulations! :thumb:

I have a mate with black rims on red 968's and it is a nice colour combo. We all have different taste and I expect to see you post pics with red wheels.

How long until it is booked in for a full glass-out respray? :coat:

cyruspower said:
Defo on for having the wheels done Chris. If the inspection checks out will give you a bell next week to book them in. Don't tell Ben, but I think it'll be body colour wheels. He can get quite upset and nasty when things don't go his way with motors, both his own and other people's..... :?

UNBELIEVABLE!!! (shouting)......you know the rules, WE! (me) will decide the colour of your (our) wheels.

Chris; I'll let you know what Sam (I) has decided. Suffice to say it will be red (yellow with a green and red pin stripe).

Some people...... :dont know:

clinchy993 said:
I am going to do with my spare D90 wheels Black combined with some sticky tyres

DSC_0129.jpg

I

LOVE

THAT

clinchy993 said:
TheCock said:
clinchy993 said:
I am going to do with my spare D90 wheels Black combined with some sticky tyres

DSC_0129.jpg

I

LOVE

THAT

So I am good to go ,permissions gained 8)

D90s are so cool. More of you 964 guys should stick with them. Those matt black ones look awesome.

Where do I find a forum as active as 911uk for the 968? Or do I wait for Gary and Ben to buy in with MQ and I, so that Sundeep sets up a dedicated 968 forum?!

cyruspower said:
Where do I find a forum as active as 911uk for the 968? Or do I wait for Gary and Ben to buy in with MQ and I, so that Sundeep sets up a dedicated 968 forum?!

Personally, I'd like to see all your posts here :thumb: Especially as the OCD sinks in :grin:

The 924/944/968 option is one many of us will have considered as a daily. Rialas has a 968 too doesn't he?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back