Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Low Mileage 1998 993 C2S at OPC Byfleet

911UK said:
However....

"Ignoring cost for a moment"

1. Swapping the Wood for Carbon Fibre Panels is relatively straight forward
2. Changing the leather colour is also a job that many can do

Of course you could go to town and fit a Manual Gearbox, although it does then need a bit of work including an extra pedal, but then again a Tip isn't the end of the world

so after option 1 and 2, where does that leave the car :?:

I reckon that would be worth doing. Resultant value? At the OPC, maybe £35-38k? Assuming mint etc.

MTR

I'm trying to see what tyres are fitted from the small pics, but my eyes are telling me Pirelli Asimmetrico's (not Rosso). Based on stretched appearance, similar wall size to fronts and footprint looks like 265 rears instead of 285. If they are the correct 285's then they are at least 5 years old as they havent made any since then.

Any tyre kickers care to check and report back?

:?:

Chris W said:
I'm trying to see what tyres are fitted from the small pics, but my eyes are telling me Pirelli Asimmetrico's (not Rosso). Based on stretched appearance, similar wall size to fronts and footprint looks like 265 rears instead of 285. If they are the correct 285's then they are at least 5 years old as they havent made any since then.

Brilliant observation skills !

Love this thread !

In response to some of the posts above, I think changing the walnut and re-dying the leather would spoil the car, because it would no longer be original, as specced with exclusive options, however batty. However, each to his own, I suppose.

Doink said:
Chris W said:

Brilliant observation skills !

Love this thread !

In response to some of the posts above, I think changing the walnut and re-dying the leather would spoil the car, because it would no longer be original, as specced with exclusive options, however batty. However, each to his own, I suppose.

Doink, this was my thinking on the car. It original owner who specified it may have made some poor choices but it's how it left the factory, so should remain in its present form.

I quite like that; might go and have a look with a view to chopping the C2 in for it 8)

Ghost said:
I quite like that; might go and have a look with a view to chopping the C2 in for it 8)

Do it. We need more exclusive cars in our ranks.

The maddest 993 I've seen in the UK was mint green with mint green leather and green carpets. This is reserved in comparison!

It's got 265 rear tyres (or at least it did when I had a poke around it earlier this week.) Don't recall which brand.

Not for me but I think it's great. Variety is the spice of life and all that. Looks better in the flesh.

As for the price, it does seem at the top end but, on the other hand, recent thread comments have been along the lines that the 993 is going to appreciate. So, assuming that's right (and surely it is), perhaps this isn't as steep as first impressions might suggest - it is sub 50k miles after all and there are not many of those around whatever the spec and whatever we might agree on about buying on condition.

M911L said:
It's got 265 rear tyres (or at least it did when I had a poke around it earlier this week.) Don't recall which brand.

Thanks for confirming that, so not the recommended size then. I wonder if it's got rear spacers having originally had 17" Cup 2's. Next visitor needs to note the under bonnet sticker option codes! :thumb:

You can put whatever tyres you like on it, it'll still be horrible! :grin:

Haev we discussed the colour?? Midnight Metallic??? Are we sure? Looks like Ocean Blue to me (best and most rare colour for 2S of course)

dommorton said:
You can put whatever tyres you like on it, it'll still be horrible! :grin:

although a fancy set of classic white wall tyres could work well with that interior ?

Attachments

• wwt_136.jpg
    wwt_136.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 8,624
Haha! pimptastic

A_Pimp_Named_Slickback.jpg

Chris W said:
Haev we discussed the colour?? Midnight Metallic??? Are we sure? Looks like Ocean Blue to me (best and most rare colour for 2S of course)
Looks like Ocean to me too. Are you sure it's rare on the C2S though? Seems to me every other C2S I see (thats not many, but includes one tip on my street) is Ocean.

schwarz993 said:
Chris W said:
Have we discussed the colour?? Midnight Metallic??? Are we sure? Looks like Ocean Blue to me (best and most rare colour for 2S of course)
Looks like Ocean to me too. Are you sure it's rare on the C2S though? Seems to me every other C2S I see (thats not many, but includes one tip on my street) is Ocean.

Thinking about something tells me Midnight Blue was not a standard/available colour when the S came about, but I may be wrong. I've never seen one, just a few 4S and NB's circa '95 vintage.

Ocean is very rare, a very nice one in W.London for sure :wink:

Chris W said:
schwarz993 said:
Chris W said:
Have we discussed the colour?? Midnight Metallic??? Are we sure? Looks like Ocean Blue to me (best and most rare colour for 2S of course)

Thinking about something tells me Midnight Blue was not a standard/available colour when the S came about, but I may be wrong. I've never seen one, just a few 4S and NB's circa '95 vintage.

Ocean is very rare, a very nice one in W.London for sure :wink:
Is that where your old one lives now? The one on my street is a bit unloved, over 100k miles i think and looking it - scuffed alloys, scruffy paint, crap seals, but when the light hits those hips at night it looks :cloud9:

Can't be that many minters out there anymore...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back