Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Low Mileage 1998 993 C2S at OPC Byfleet

I would go for it, as long as those boys fitted it with a digital talking dashboard cluster.

Come on Dom, you would look very retro in that at Windsor. We promise to give you 10 points head start. I'll buy you a pair of driving slippers to go with it.

Remember seeing that for sale at 32,995 if i'm not mistaken.

I puked that time too.

Had a good look at this yesterday whilst they were fitting my new Dansk 100 cell cat (on which - 8) ).

It does look in fantastic nick if you can live with the interior and Tip.

schwarz993 said:
Remember seeing that for sale at 32,995 if i'm not mistaken.

I puked that time too.

:thumb:

Did Portiacraft not also have to reduced it alittle to get it shifted?

I'm a MASSIVE fan of the 993 but I think a the £40K+ C2S is getting hard to justify. This thought is not helped when cars such as this are bought from either Independents or private sellers and find they're way to into OPC's, pitched at a hugely inflated price point.

I am assuming there is no Porsche warranty in this case as the car is outside the 10 year limit. Correct?

Bloody strong money compared to other cars out there. Yes the mileage is fairly low but it's not at the lower end of the 'super low mileage' cars. Just think - pay £40k for it, drive it around for five years after putting 30k miles on it - surely you'd take a 10-15k hit come resale time given the extra mileage and that hideous gearbox and interior?

I wonder if it's had all of the 993 foibles taken care of? :?:

sram said:
I wonder if it's had all of the 993 foibles taken care of? :?:

If it's not been owned by someone on here then probably not...

I guess someone could have loved it :?:

Okay okay......the Blooming thing is massively overpriced, the inside is frankly hideous, god knows what sort of massive bell end would spec wood in a 993, and the fact that it's a tip means it it ( whether tip owners like it or not) worth less.

There.....I feel better now.

TheCock said:
Okay okay......the Blooming thing is massively overpriced, the inside is frankly hideous, god knows what sort of massive bell end would spec wood in a 993, and the fact that it's a tip means it it ( whether tip owners like it or not) worth less.

:thumb: +1 to all of the above.

LOL have to agree.

Previous owner :thumb:

9360_image_2.jpg

TheCock said:
and the fact that it's a tip means it it ( whether tip owners like it or not) worth less.

I've seen absolutely no evidence of that. It's all about condition. :)

If the interior had desirable colours, Byfleet would sell that car in no time at that price, tip or manual.

However....

"Ignoring cost for a moment"

1. Swapping the Wood for Carbon Fibre Panels is relatively straight forward
2. Changing the leather colour is also a job that many can do

Of course you could go to town and fit a Manual Gearbox, although it does then need a bit of work including an extra pedal, but then again a Tip isn't the end of the world

so after option 1 and 2, where does that leave the car :?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back