Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbies~picking up my 991 on Wed~ please help : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT4 said:
Dual pipes = Carrara S

(unless PSE fitted, which is a slightly odd option on the less sporty, cheaper model)

Porsche_911_991_dalsi_novejsi_14_800_600.jpg

Porsche-Carrera-S-911-991-001.jpg

Yes, indeed a Carrera fitted with PSE, the oval pipes didn't really appeal to me, and at the time I thought since its my 1st Porsche, a base 911 will suit me just fine...

Thank goodness for that.

For a minute there I had palpitations thinking I was invisible.

PDK or manual?

GT4 said:
Thank goodness for that.

PDK or manual?

PDK
Black Sports seat plus + heated
Sport steering wheel + paddles
Burmeister audio
20 inch sport design wheels
PSE
Park assist F+R
Sunroof
Chrono package

:D

On the rear of the car it says:

911 Carrera

No S badge so probably a 3.4 with PSE.

If I was buying a new porsche 991 my choice would be:

3.4 Carrera
Guards Red
Manual
Carrera S wheels
PSE
No other options.

I would also buy a new Renault Clio 200 Cup all for the same price of a 911 S PDK and lots of options.

Just my personal opinion.

There's a terrible delay on the line this morning.

Must be something to do with the weather :?:

bfmuffin said:
aak said:
Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS! What a beautiful car.

When I purchased my 997 from an OPC they did provide me (via Admiral) 7 days cover.

Enjoy! :thumbs:

Thanks! thats what I would have expected too....perhaps its because of my age.....not yet 25, thats probably why they are too scared to insure me? (I must be the luckiest man on earth to own a 911 at this age)

I would guess that any policy they offer of this type would be based on the purchaser being over 25.

You are indeed very young to be purchasing a brand new 911, I must be doing something wrong. All the best with the new car. :D

Chris W said:
blue62 said:
Don't bother with Diamondbrite, if you want to protect it then spend the money with a professional detailer. You should be fine with the film re warranty, but I have mixed feelings about it, especially on white because it can 'yellow' with age. My OPC provided cover, who is your dealer?

Firstly congrats!!

Secondly as above dont bother with Diamondbrite...which OPC is offering this???

Contact Elite Detailer (on this site) to book a full pre-delivery detail....it is astonishing how scratched a car is on delivery! It will be the best thing you can do.

Paintshield (based in Peterbrough) are very good and Tom the owner will look after your car. Many companies offering this will use a knife on your car so you need to be in the best hands if considering this. The main area to protect is the front end, there are varying amounts of protection ranging from a bumper to full frontal shield. There are also different grades of film ranging; lower end are thin, yellow easily and also have an orangepeel appearance, top end are very durable and almost undetectable. Neitehr will protect your licence ;)

Tom at Paintshield is your man ! Make sure you listen to the care instructions and follow them. The film will not yellow unless you use the wrong products. Mine was fitted 18 months ago and its still perfect.

Congratulations, I am quite sure that you will be delighted with the car!

I have got to ask, as I am sure others must be thinking the same, what's the Insurance cost at that age?

Pictures up here tomorrow please :thumbs:

Congragulations!!

Not seen Burmiesters..Hope it's worth the money!

:thumbs:

Slayer said:
Congragulations!!

Not heard Burmesters..Hope it's worth the money!

:thumbs:

... as fitted to Bugattis.

bfmuffin said:
GT4 said:
Thank goodness for that.

PDK or manual?

PDK
Burmeister audio
PSE
Park assist F+R
Sunroof
Chrono package

Hi

Congratulations on your new purchase!

If you would like any help/information regarding your "New Car Detail" as shown here: http://www.elitedetailing.co.uk/Services/Exterior-Treatments

Please give me a call on 079333 79333 or email [email protected] and I will go through anything in detail with you.

Thanks for the heads up ChrisW :thumb:

Regards
G :thumb:

Elite Detailing said:
bfmuffin said:
GT4 said:
Thank goodness for that.

PDK or manual?

PDK
Burmeister audio
PSE
Park assist F+R
Sunroof
Chrono package

Hi

Congratulations on your new purchase!

If you would like any help/information regarding your "New Car Detail" as shown here: http://www.elitedetailing.co.uk/Services/Exterior-Treatments

Please give me a call on 079333 79333 or email [email protected] and I will go through anything in detail with you.

Thanks for the heads up ChrisW :thumb:

Regards
G :thumb:

Yup ''G'' comes recommended, for detailing he's the top banana !!.
:thumb:

911BlackEd said:
Congratulations, I am quite sure that you will be delighted with the car!

I have got to ask, as I am sure others must be thinking the same, what's the Insurance cost at that age?

Pictures up here tomorrow please :thumbs:

Cheers :D

Insurance....well lets just say its >2k /yr :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back