Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Today I drove the future, and it's 991 (PDK) shaped

I had PDCC on my spec origionally but then deleted it, because I'll never drive around a corner fast enough for it to be of any use.

I'll only be driving my 991 at a steady pace. :oops: and it will never be within 100 miles of a race track!

It will still blow a 997 into the weeds handlingwise.

I'd be very disappointed if it didn't! I'm looking forward to see what the GT and turbo models are like in a couple of years... :grin:

chimp911 said:
I'd be very disappointed if it didn't! I'm looking forward to see what the GT and turbo models are like in a couple of years... :grin:

Just meant you in no way need the PDCC.

Many of the points I raised in the review were meant as juxtapositions of options (and implicitly how they rate against the 997):

Standard vs PSE
Standard vs PDCC
C2 vs C4 (at least C2 991 vs C4 997)
PDK vs manual (at least PDK 991 vs manual 997)
etc

Pressumably every option improves the thing it is meant to improve, so not doubting the extra PSE or extra PDCC, just debating if it is gilding a lilly and at what price?)

I've no doubt there's some lily gilding going on there and as you say a lot will be down to individual opinion and the personal value you put on the features and options available.

My point was more general in that while the 991's aesthetics and modifications may not be to everyone's taste, the new model as a basic package should represent a significant step forward on the 997 it replaces. The PDCC bells and PSE whistles alone should not be what sets the car apart from it's predecessor...

For fear of going round in circles, I completely agree with your point.

That would be what was expected, but it is not necessarily absolute (or indeed any indication as to by what margin).

For instance, the engine noise 996 to 997 was no different, and the handling on non-PASM models not much different.

In any case, they are things to be experienced on a test drive, which was the point of my post :thumb:

Does it run on Biofuel?

I'm that used to going round in circles in my workplace that it has an unfortunate tendency to spill over to my posts and I realised the moment I submitted my last one that I was only paraphrasing you anyway :roll:

Still, circular discussions are a crafty way of increasing post counts... :grin:

I daresay barring any major driver error wobbles I'll be in my current car for a good few years yet, so I'm content to sit on the fence and read the views and opinions of those who have had the pleasure of driving the latest incarnation...

Rimmer said:
I had PDCC on my spec origionally but then deleted it, because I'll never drive around a corner fast enough for it to be of any use.

I'll only be driving my 991 at a steady pace. :oops: and it will never be within 100 miles of a race track!

Ah, but PDCC is so much more than just keeping the handling flat in the corners, the system relaxes the anti-rollbars in a straight line making forward motion much smoother. Take two 991's out, one with and one without, and drive both of them fast down a really bumpy/undulating road and you will see why I added this to my options. :thumb:

have to agree having driven one today, nothing on 20" rims and rubber band tyres should be able to handle so well and yet glide like a limo at the same time

I am not a fan of electronic assisted nannying driver aids, but have to say Porsche got this spot on the money

strangely I found the 991 thrinks around me in a way the 997 never seemed to and the steering over a 30 min drive seemed no worse and possibly better than my 997. That I was not expecting

I'd need significantly more seat time before parting with 90K (if I had 90K) but if they depreciate like the 997 has in 18 months I would have to give it serious thought

Have the same button on the Cayenne to stop, the stop/start.

And as seen on attached picture, it is also there in the 991.

So you can disable, without going to Sport/Sport Plus.

Have not driven the car yet.. but very much looking forward to it, in the new year.

Attachments

• p1010238_114.jpg
    p1010238_114.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 8,357
Great :thumb:

But what's the interior code for denim?

Hmmm nice load of buttons there, glad I won't be having to keep them clean. Just think of all that dust/dirt getting stuck down there. One of the main things I don't like about the new interior.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back