Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 991 this Saturday

cambjones

I was over at the OPC in Mayfair yesterday picking up some bits and bobs for my 993 and they told me they get the new 991 in this Saturday.

I asked how many they had sold.. and they said they are getting 10 in and 10 are being driven out on Saturday...

So now I have to keep my eyes open on the search of seeing one drive around.

Yep. 17th is the end of the embargo.

All stock that arrived this last week or so is pretty much going out straight away.

Had a look around a 991 earlier today whilst at Guildford OPC.

Looks lovely, although to be honest I didn't pick it out of a line of 997s on first glance :oops:

Be great to see them on the road soon :D

anotherGT2 said:
Looks lovely, although to be honest I didn't pick it out of a line of 997s on first glance :oops:

I bet even you could tell the difference between a 991 and a Cayman though :dont know:

Why do people buy cars in December? When it comes time to sell you've got a 2011 car instead of a 2012 car and the corresponding lower value, just for the sake of a couple of weeks. Just throwing money away IMHO

nineoneone said:
Why do people buy cars in December? When it comes time to sell you've got a 2011 car instead of a 2012 car and the corresponding lower value, just for the sake of a couple of weeks. Just throwing money away IMHO

Fair point, but I think when dealing with the icon that is the Porsche 911, it more often than not comes to 'want' rather than 'need' and / or logic :)

Nevermind what time of the year, if you apply too much logic you would never buy a new car.

MC

nineoneone said:
They're all 2012 Model Year cars anyway and 250 pounds for a personalised number plate would fix the rest.

Red993C4 said:
nineoneone said:
They're all 2012 Model Year cars anyway and 250 pounds for a personalised number plate would fix the rest.

Until you come to sell then it's a 2011 value, I'd always wait until March anyway

Rimmer said:
Red993C4 said:
nineoneone said:

Until you come to sell then it's a 2011 value, I'd always wait until March anyway

I totally agree on this - when you come to sell the dealer isn't worried if you tell him 'oh its a 2012 model year car', it'll all be down to when the car was registered ultimately. If a new 991 is registered now it'll be a 2011 car - for the sake of literally a few weeks on a car of that value, I'd rather just wait.

MisterCorn said:
Nevermind what time of the year, if you apply too much logic you would never buy a new car.

MC

Totally agree...why put so much logic to it...if you watch your wallet that closely, perhaps Porsche is not the car for you ;-)

When I sold my RS4 which was registered about the 22nd Dec, it made no difference in value when it was sold ... I was was going to wait for Jan 2nd .. but i thought sod it, I'll have the car now... :thumbs:

Whether it is registered now or in Jan it would still be a 61 plate as plate change isn't until March. The difference between a 2011 61 or a 2012 61 will be very little if anything at all.

Jamie said:
The difference between a 2011 61 or a 2012 61 will be very little if anything at all.

Try telling that to the OPC come trade in time :grin:

Rimmer said:
Jamie said:
The difference between a 2011 61 or a 2012 61 will be very little if anything at all.

Try telling that to the OPC come trade in time :grin:

Again I agree with Rimmer 100% - people are talking in plates alone...if a car is registered now it's a 2011 car (irrespective of model year argument) and if you hold off until January its a 2012 car - that will make a difference in a years time.

I know if my new 991 had just been delivered I would be happy to allow it to sit in the showroom until the new year!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back