Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 991 spec

I'm not sure exactly what level of prep you actually need, but I think I just have the basic phone prep which does everything I want it to.

I think it's great that my phone connects immediately to the car so I can make/receive calls on the move, and it accesses all my contacts and call history which I can navigate through on the universal audio. It also lets you have multiple phones (up to 10 I think?) registered with the car so if for example you are sharing the car with your significant other then you can easily connect either phone depending who is using it. It's very useful for me as I have a UK and German phone so I can quickly switch between the 2 depending on where I am...

White car, black wheels, black interior - works for me

I've also added one for GT4, though he may not like the ceramics or that the wheel is on the wrong side! :grin:

Btw, apologies for the shocking picture quality... :oops:

Attachments

• gt4_q_500.jpg
    gt4_q_500.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 7,355
  • black_n_white_510.jpg
    black_n_white_510.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 7,355
Don't worry, I've already bought the wheels (see the "For Sale" section in Feb next year when I change my mind for the final final time ...)

Not a fan of centre-lockers (and by all accounts, neither are Porsche, but that's another thread), or ceramics.

Not their stopping performance, which is exemplary, but I am concerned at their longevity (yes they should last a lifetime, but when they don't they aren't warrantied), then there's the yellow. On some colours that works, but on the cars I've been looking at, I want red.

chimp911 said:
I'm not sure exactly what level of prep you actually need, but I think I just have the basic phone prep which does everything I want it to.

I think it's great that my phone connects immediately to the car so I can make/receive calls on the move, and it accesses all my contacts and call history which I can navigate through on the universal audio. It also lets you have multiple phones (up to 10 I think?) registered with the car so if for example you are sharing the car with your significant other then you can easily connect either phone depending who is using it. It's very useful for me as I have a UK and German phone so I can quickly switch between the 2 depending on where I am...

I think it really depends on your needs, I'm retired and the only connection with business nowadays is a monthly board meeting at our holding company, so I don't need a phone in the car.

This thread has made me think about adding the phone prep in to my spec, although I wonder if it can be retro fitted?

I suspect the answer to retro-fitting is no, but I'm not sure - if you can then it's almost certainly going to be more expensive than an original fit...

GT4 - I guess you wouldn't have liked the yellow belts either then? :grin: although I didn't get a picture, I really liked the front and rear centre console in white - really suited the car :thumbs:

Not against yellow per se as much as I rib Ant Blain (it's not an affliction, like my agoraphobia), just to my eyes, it only works on some colours.

Not meant to be exhaustive, but I saw a lovely Cobalt 997.1 GT3 with PCCBs and yellow belts (they go well with the dials), but it had silver wheels.

Then again Gibbo's wasp scheme looks lovely too (not that I could personally drive around in such a "loud" car).

All cars should have up-rated centre consoles: either exterior coloured or leather etc.

interior_165.jpg

chimp911 said:
White car, black wheels, black interior - works for me

I've also added one for GT4, though he may not like the ceramics or that the wheel is on the wrong side! :grin:

Btw, apologies for the shocking picture quality... :oops:

+1 also +1 for the 'phone prep.
Toying with going black for my wing mirrors when they're replaced.

Thanks for the link Chimp.

Rimmer said:
chimp911 said:

I think it really depends on your needs, I'm retired and the only connection with business nowadays is a monthly board meeting at our holding company, so I don't need a phone in the car.

This thread has made me think about adding the phone prep in to my spec, although I wonder if it can be retro fitted?

Same here, it seems the phone prep is quite important Porsche owners so will affect the resale value so I'll add that back in.

Beige / tan leather I still like :)
PSE - 1.9k extra just to intensify the sound of the car seems a little too steep for me.
Multi-function steering wheel seems a little useless so as I'm going to Porsche Stratford today, I'll enquire where exactly are the paddles/gear change located and if they really are where 'the thumbs are'.

Does anyone have any opinion on the sunroof?
More light in the car a good thing?
Is Burmester significantly better than Bose (i.e. is the +2k worth it)?

Also, am I better delaying the car till March for the 12 number plate as opposed to a 61 in December?

Thanks again guys...I greatly appreciate the feedback
A

FXT said:
PSE - 1.9k extra just to intensify the sound of the car seems a little too steep for me.

Also, am I better delaying the car till March for the 12 number plate as opposed to a 61 in December?

PSE is £1772 and I would not spec a car without it.

For me March 1st delivery everytime, I would never buy a new car in December.

Rimmer said:
FXT said:

PSE is £1772 and I would not spec a car without it.

For me March 1st delivery everytime, I would never buy a new car in December.

It was a disappointing trip to the dealers, apparently my order is locked now, so the options cannot be changed. They were good enough to take down my additions/removals and will try on Monday to see if it can be altered, but gave the impression most likely it wouldn't be possible :-(

The multi-function steering wheel is definitely inferior to the sports one.

On the +ve side, I'll be getting the car on 20-Dec...am actually quite excited to have it soon.

Rimmer said:
I'm sure it will be fine :thumb:
Hi Rimmer

been to the dealer last week with my wife
My order might change to Platinum silver just like yours :bye:

pratas said:
Rimmer said:
I'm sure it will be fine :thumb:
Hi Rimmer

been to the dealer last week with my wife
My order might change to Platinum silver just like yours :bye:
Oh dear you have a wife, never mind the 991 will cheer you up :wink: