Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

25% discount on a 991!!!

ian996

Just had a look on the Porsche configurator for my ideal spec 991.

Porsche 991 Carrera
Guards Red
20" Carrera S alloys
Sports Design package(Whaletail +Front spoiler)
PSE

The price came to approx £77,000.

I put in the same spec in the USA configurator and the price came to $93,000 which equates to £58,000.

So a saving of £19,000 or 25% off.

Would it be possible to get a USA Porsche dealer to order the above car to UK spec and have factory delivery.So pick the car up from Germany and drive the car home.

I appreciate that the USA and UK have different levels of taxation for importing new cars but I thought that it was not massively different.

No.

And even if they did, the US configurator doesn't add any sales tax (as that is state dependent - no US prices include sales tax even in shops as it is added at the till).

So once you add UK sales taxes etc to the US configurator basic price, it would cost pretty much the same (20% VAT, first reg fee, road tax and factory collection - factory collection costs circa £2k on its own).

OP, try it, let us know how you get on :lol:

Seams a bit strange that the UK configurator adds taxes where as the USA one does not.

it's the law. UK retailer has to show an inc tax price, USA does not.

Hi ian996,
I think the difference in prices is not so big as most people think. We should not compare apples with oranges.
Should you take US price of 58k and add 10% import tax and 20% VAT, you are pretty much spot on 77k.
You can deduct VAT if you have you have a business or something but there is no way you can avoid import tax even if you pick the car up in europe. It will have to go thru customs otherwise you will be unable to register it.

ian996 said:
Just had a look on the Porsche configurator for my ideal spec 991.

Porsche 991 Carrera
Guards Red
20" Carrera S alloys
Sports Design package(Whaletail +Front spoiler)
PSE

The price came to approx £77,000.

I put in the same spec in the USA configurator and the price came to $93,000 which equates to £58,000.

So a saving of £19,000 or 25% off.

Would it be possible to get a USA Porsche dealer to order the above car to UK spec and have factory delivery.So pick the car up from Germany and drive the car home.

I appreciate that the USA and UK have different levels of taxation for importing new cars but I thought that it was not massively different.

ian996 said:
Seams a bit strange that the UK configurator adds taxes where as the USA one does not.

As mentioned, sales tax in US is state by state (some may have none) and is not generally added to any goods or services prices in the US until point-of-sale.

Even city sales taxes may apply on top.

UK VAT applies universally (in the UK).

It is always chargeable, although reclaimable after the event if applicable for business use.

Economies of scale also factors into the wholesale price from Porsche AG to its international distributors.

US represents 50% of Porsches international sales.
Australia is 4% of international sales
UK is.... ?

When you buy 50% of production, you receive preferential pricing....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back