Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How about a Carrera T with 460hp??

michal12 said:
Anyone has the same feeling that the gap between Careera S and the Turbo is too wide?
I mean the Carrera S costs EUR 100k and the Turbo EUR 150k. That is 50% more. I know there are the Targas, convertibles and hardcore wing-littered variants.
As I do not really like 4wd nature and crap sound of a Turbo, I would personally appreciate a more powerful Carrera S. The S is not so dynamically exciting as it should be, I think. The hp per ton of the 991 Carrera S is lower that of the turbo M5. So how about a soft turbo, wide body and RWD variant, maybe a 'Carrera T"? It could have around 460hp to crack 330hp per ton.
What do you guys think?

1) how do you know the price of the (not yet released) 991 Turbo?

2) How do you know the Carrera S is 'not so exciting as it should be' ?

3) As has been stated, the gap between 'S' and Turbo will be filled by two (or maybe three) cars with different objectives - a more extreme GT3 (maybe a hardcore RS version) and also the 'S' version with Powerkit (which presumably will be an X52, rather than X51??)
:thumb:
Sidicks

X51 is the option code, that won't change.

X50 is the Turbo PowerKit, X51 is the Carrera PowerKit.

M030 is the sports chassis, it doesn't increment with model.

michal12 said:
Yes, GTS is nice but it comes very late in the model lifecycle, which reduces its appeal somewhat for me. The next GTS will come like 2016 or so...

That's on the basis of a single model.

Who's to say the 991 GTS won't appear sooner? Whilst S versions of the 993 appeared relatively late in that model life-cycle, the S version of the 996 appeared half-way through it's life cycle whilst the S version of the 997 appeared at the very beginning of it's lifecycle.

I am betting that a GTS will appear relatively early in the 991 lifecycle compared to the 997.

~ Maxie

GT4 said:
X51 is the option code, that won't change.

X50 is the Turbo PowerKit, X51 is the Carrera PowerKit.

Ok, thanks for that, I'd seen 'X50' in reference to 996 cars and 'X51' in reference to 997 cars and put 2 and 2 together to make 5...!
:hand:
Sidicks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back