Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Castrol Magnetec 10w 40w semi synthetic

RSPSTEVE

Nurburgring
Hi all

As used by Hartech , now on special at Halfords £23 and a few pence or £19.99 if you have a trade card , thats for 4ltrs .

Steve

your sure they use magnatec? I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole

markiii said:
your sure they use magnatec? I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole

Yep , why not ? if its good enough for them to put in rebuilt engines its good enough for me , i,m no mechanic/engineer .

Would love to hear your reasons and what you do for a living ?

Steve

Its ok as oils go, buy there is a lot better out there for your type of car, as its part dino you would need to change it sooner than a fully synthetic, so in the long run you would probly spend less buying the more expensive synthetic oil.

It's cheap.

And the thicker consistency suits a rebuild or worn engine.

Semi-synthetic implies they expect the block to continue to require bedding in throughout its life too - which again may be true of a rebuild or worn engine.

As such, it isn't approved - so don't even think about it if you have a warranty (or want one).

personal experience with magnatec is that it goes like water

when I first had this issue (not in the 911 i add) i googled magnatec oil problems and came up with shedloads of people suffering the same thing

generally i trust peoples judgement if they should know better than me on a given subject and Hhartech do seem to know their stuff

unless of course I have personal experience, and in this case that means no chance would i be using magnatec

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back