Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin Super Sports MPSS # 997 Tyre Thread (Input needed)

As a newbie, looking to buy a 997, just spotted this thread and thought I'd share my experience on my current car - Audi RS4.

I've driven them extensively with P Zeros, PS2 and now PSS.

The Michelin PS2's outshone the Pirellis with ease: quieter marginally, tighter turn-in and better in the wet. Significantly better life.

I've had a set now of PSS for a while: feel better under braking that the PS2s (wet and dry), feel sharper in dry (but id concede it could be the obvious change of worn to new) and definitely wear better.

The tread wear rating (300) seems extraordinary given the performance, but appears to be living up to its number.

RJKflyer said:
As a newbie, looking to buy a 997, just spotted this thread and thought I'd share my experience on my current car - Audi RS4.

I've driven them extensively with P Zeros, PS2 and now PSS.

The Michelin PS2's outshone the Pirellis with ease: quieter marginally, tighter turn-in and better in the wet. Significantly better life.

I've had a set now of PSS for a while: feel better under braking that the PS2s (wet and dry), feel sharper in dry (but id concede it could be the obvious change of worn to new) and definitely wear better.

The tread wear rating (300) seems extraordinary given the performance, but appears to be living up to its number.

Had the PSS a few days now and few hundred miles in and over the PS2's they replaced I'd sum at as follows
- Marginally better dry grip
- Better feedback, especially in wet
- Much better under heavy braking
- Far far superior wet grip
- supposedly they last longer too! :)

In short slightly better in the dry and way way better in the wet, superb tyres! :)

Best place to buy Michelin PSS

well unfortunately looks like my rears are goinf to need doing sooner than anticpated, and I'm buggered if I'm running another year with Pirellis so Pilot Super Sports it is

Whats the general consensus as to the cheapest supplier?

just bought new tyres for m5 and 911 from camskill.co.uk

great price and service !!!!

sizes yes N rating no

markiii said:
sizes yes N rating no

Spot on.

There was a guy from Michelin giving us a talk at the Porsche festival on Sunday. Porsche is currently testing the PSS and according to him there should be an N-rated version in approx 12 months time.

| Maxie

Chris from Exel Wheels all the way. I'd wouldn't use anybody else.
I've just had two BS's fitted to the front, he uses powder coated weights like OEM !
Superb !
:thumb:

Lookie what arrived this morning

A stack of Pilot Super Sports

7e73a56e.jpg

Finally killed my Rear Pirellis and thought it about time to replace the lot.

So new Super Sports all round. I was intrigued to see what if any weight differences there are between the current Neros Rossos so will be weighing those when they come off and the bare wheels.

for now

235/35/19 Fronts 10Kg each
305/30/19 Rears 13Kg each

thats a lot of rubber

That's a lot of rubber :eek: Chap on here with a suit to go with them :thumb:

Re: Lookie what arrived this morning

markiii said:
305/30/19 Rears 13Kg each, thats a lot of rubber

:eek:

Indeed that is a lot of unsprung weight if you ask me. I'll be interested to know what the wheel weights are, Mark.

Pilot Super Sports :thumb:

~ Maxie

Re: Lookie what arrived this morning

Maxie said:
markiii said:
305/30/19 Rears 13Kg each, thats a lot of rubber

:eek:

Indeed that is a lot of unsprung weight if you ask me. I'll be interested to know what the wheel weights are, Mark.

Pilot Super Sports :thumb:

~ Maxie

I know, I ended up weighing them twice on two different scales I was so surprised.

the wheels as best I can find on the net are 22lbs and 27lbs respectively for the lobster claws

which I make 9.97Kg and 12.2kg respectively

whihhhc means tehe tyres are heavier than the wheels,, ouch

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back