Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC? always try and rip me off

black911

You know its always the same story from OPC, no matter what I want them to do they seem to boost the price, take this for example the other day, I take my car in and ask them to take the warning light off to stop warning me about the rear spoiler fail, I dont need it anymore as I have a fixed wing.
They take me into the office and start talking about getting it in the workshop for a day of testing, I said WTF, I only want the light taken off, then they try and tell me they need to find out why its coming on, so I explain again that I have a fixed rear wing, so he goes away and comes back and says it needs a full re-programme at £75+vat per hour and it will take 3-4 hours..

anyhow know how true this is, 4 hours to re-programme a light?

Total crap buy a code reader £25 it will clear all codes in 5 mins
Or put the motor back on the car and remove the operating rods simple to do . The car is fooled into thinking the wing is operating properly and will stop giving you fault codes simples :thumb:

why not get a quote from a local indy ? cause that OPC sounds like they could teach dick turpin a thing or 2 ! :)

great thanks, will do this.

Name the OPC

ooops sorry just read the Rules, I retract the statement above
C1

Hi
I put a Techart fixed spoiler on my 997C2S ,took the car to Strasse in Leeds, took them less time than I could drink their cup of tea to disable the alarm.The OPC is certainly ripping you off.

It is ridiculous that the main dealers still try to pull this crap. Historically West London seems to feature most in threads like this, though they certainly aren't the only one. Seriously - while you -might- allow an OPC to do menu priced servicing for the stamps, I'd always recommend finding a decent independent for any fettling that is called for.

Regardless - whoever it is this time - the thread title that the OP has written answers their own question as to whether they should continue to take their car there IMHO... Try somewhere else

On a 996 you just fit a loom terminator.

Even is that is not what Porsche would do (or 997 make it more complicated by rendering it software), fitting one would still work (as it just mimics the spoiler return) if you are not worried about warranty.

Then the DME should either reset itself within a few hundred yards or just require 30 secs on a Durametric or PIWIS to reset.

black911 said:
You know its always the same story from OPC
.......... at £75+vat per hour

What OPC only charges £75+VAT per hour :?:

thanks for all comments, I am heading to leeds anyhow in a few weeks so I will call in and ask if they can switch it off, thanks for the sound help.
All my service history is from them anyhow and I have some work I need doing so kill 2 birds with 1 stone :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back