Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Brake Light Fault (one side only)

cayman1

:?: Hi, I have a 2006 Cayman and have a problem with the rear left stop light not working. The message on the computer is also indicating this problem. Could anyone please advise me 1. what the correct wattage bulb is required (is it a single filament or combined tail lamp and stop lamp) and 2. which bulb is in in the light cluster (position of bulb within the cluster) . If I cannot replace it myself I will have to go to the nearest Porsche Center (which could be costly). Many thanks for any advice you can give.

The bulb is 12v 21/5w stop and tail. Can't remember exactly which one it is but you have 2 dual filament bulbs in the light unit, the other dual is fog and tail.

again not sure which bulb but be careful, normal 21/6 are off set pegs by height but they sit exactly opposite each other, yet some of the Porsche bulbs pegs are offset and not opposite each other. I think it is the indicator bulb but just check

Brake Light Bulb

Thanks Challenger1, I will try to sort out which one is which.

:what: Just a follow-up to the bulb problem. I bought a 21/5 watt bulb, but when I tried to fit it I noticed the the lugs on the original bulb were off-set . The original bulb was also 21/4 watt and made by Osram. A 21/5watt bulb will not fit if the positioning lugs are not off-set correctly and the on board computer will still record a bulb failure.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back