Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Official web special, more pictures, and Brochure

It is certainly a more costly car in HK.
But if you compare the prices of their used motors.
The GTS which would be around £70 at an OPC is 1.8million HKD which is around £145k so the prices are around double of UK.
The same would be true for 2007 Cayman S which costs 738,000 HKD(£58k). My old 2007 Cayman S was never 58k new!

It would see that a porsche is the preserve of a lot much richer Hong Kong citizens. :lol:
I am sure Porsche management would say is it Keeps the brand exclusive...

Now, whether to choose ceramic brakes or carbon pack....

Rich1221 said:
It is certainly a more costly car in HK.
But if you compare the prices of their used motors.
The GTS which would be around £70 at an OPC is 1.8million HKD which is around £145k so the prices are around double of UK.
The same would be true for 2007 Cayman S which costs 738,000 HKD(£58k). My old 2007 Cayman S was never 58k new!

It would see that a porsche is the preserve of a lot much richer Hong Kong citizens. :lol:
I am sure Porsche management would say is it Keeps the brand exclusive...

Now, whether to choose ceramic brakes or carbon pack....
HK increased the car tax 15% this February :evil:
The Cayman S costs HKD 1,030,000 right now

PabloAU said:
NickJames said:
I hate it. They are trying to appeal to a wider audience with this generation and have made the 911 look like a bloody Panamera. Hate the back. Hate the front. I'm sure it will be a delight to drive but Porshe are homogenising their range too much IMO. If anyone wants to give me one as a birthday present, that would be really lovely.

+1 - :agree: :popcorn:

After spending 4 hrs at the Brisbane OPC on Friday, not only No - Hell No & NOT even as a freebie -

IMHO the 997 is the last proper 911 :sad:

People said the 993 was the last real 911, it's a point to muse on I guess, so what is a 'real' 911? One that stuffs you sideways into a hedge, or that you have to remove a rib to reach the radio controls?

Fact is that Porsche make great sportscars, some are better than others, but they rarely come up with a duffer. I think we all need to see this car in the flesh, hear the views of the experts and drive one for ourselves before we start lamenting the passing of the 997.

blue62 said:
People said the 993 was the last real 911, it's a point to muse on I guess, so what is a 'real' 911? One that stuffs you sideways into a hedge, or that you have to remove a rib to reach the radio controls?

Fact is that Porsche make great sportscars, some are better than others, but they rarely come up with a duffer. I think we all need to see this car in the flesh, hear the views of the experts and drive one for ourselves before we start lamenting the passing of the 997.

Agree! (With the 993 being the last real 911!) Just get horrid grey stubble or id grow a big FO beard lol) All that water and stuff and making them as big as buses really did spoil things :floor:
It was always the driver stuffed 911's into hedges not the car :grin: :grin:
Im just jealous ill have any 911 at moment

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back