Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 dimensions

GT4

Grafik-ams1811-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-fotoshowImage-7abbf474-523001.jpg

Porsche-911-Carrera-S-alt-und-neu-fotoshowImage-8ead873c-522982.jpg

:hand:

Count the doors! (I'm sure there are some other tell tails too)

Proof (and let's be honest, it is very much needed!) that there is such a thing as too big.

Incidentally, can anyone Photoshop a 964 or a 993 in place of the 997 so that we can really see how things have 'developed' over the years...?

That 991 will fit you like a tailored suit.

full_big_suit.jpg

David Byrne, eat your heart out!

You have to ask yourself if the chance owning one of the first 991 is a once in a lifetime opportunity or you'd be on a road to nowhere.

However, if you're lazy, you'll do like humans do, and just let it pass you by.

Still unsure, just sit back and surf, this must be the place to be.

Well, I can't follow that!

Does anyone have any questions...?

adrian996 said:
Proof (and let's be honest, it is very much needed!) that there is such a thing as too big.

Incidentally, can anyone Photoshop a 964 or a 993 in place of the 997 so that we can really see how things have 'developed' over the years...?

Not quite what you want, but still pretty cool:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=66231

The length! Especially the space between the doors and the rear wheel arches :hand:

Cheers GT4

Those diagrams confirm that all the extra length is, as I suspected, at the front half of the car.

The back end just looks 'fatter' as it is shorter.

Seeing those two cars I still can't believe that the new one is only 6 cms longer overall.

The more I see pics of the 991 the more I like it. ' Can't wait to see one in the metal.

T8996C4 said:
Those diagrams confirm that all the extra length is, as I suspected, at the front half of the car..

:eh!: How can you have more length in the front half?

The extra length is in the middle (as both overhangs are reduced).

Or did you fall for the fact Porsche are presenting the datum as the REAR wheels?

Attachments

• ass_engined_165.jpg
    ass_engined_165.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 8,935
GT4 said:
:eh!: How can you have more length in the front half?

The extra length is in the middle (as both overhangs are reduced).

Or did you fall for the fact Porsche are presenting the datum as the REAR wheels?

Sorry. I did mean to type 'front part' not 'front half'.

The wheelbase is 100mm longer despite the overall length of the car only being increased by 56mm. It looks from all the pics I've seen that the nose is longer than on the 997 - hence my view that most, if not all, of the extra length is in front of the rear wheels.

If those schematics are to be believed (ie to scale), then, yes, the 991 actually has a slightly longer nose (distance between number plate and front axle) - not unexpected given it is overall bigger and the new EU crash and pedestrian safety regs.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back