Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Welcome to the Porsche 991 [998] sub-forum !

Cars get bigger no matter who the manufacturer is, except in the US where they started with an oil tanker on wheels and now relise that you need a bigger gas tank to run one. Last Christmas gas was $3 a gallon, outrage how can Obama let gas prices get so high.
As long as the engineers at porsche can connect the driver to the road then size doesn't matter. If they use that extra bit of length to squeeze in a kers flywheel 8).

Well said Adam,
Lets hope Porsche keep the focus.

As for the depreciation issue, I just can't see an older 996 depreciating anywhere like a car with the same price tag.

911UK said:
With the facelift (blink and you'll miss it) 997 coming in early 2008, Porsche have already designed and are developing the next generation of the Porsche 911, the 998.

998 you ask ? well it was 996, then 997, so 998 sounds like the mostly likely choice before they realise they have to change it, as I have a feeling that 999 won't really work ? but a decision that they do not have to worry about till at least circa 2017!

So here we are, from the world's finest Porsche 911 forum, time to discuss the future of the world's most iconic sports car.

regards

4 years later, here we are :)

so we do we call the next next generation ?

9xx ???

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=66174

991 :?

Porsche News, have you been on the sherry?

Ghost said:
hog said:
Isn't Toyo 888 a bit modernist for you anacrophiles?

One has to use whatever is to hand. Sack cloth seems to be in short supply these days.

I believe these days it is P.C ala Sir Thomas a Beckett Hair Shirt......
:floor:

Porsche News said:
GT4 said:
991 :?

Porsche News, have you been on the sherry?

the next one, after this 991 :D

Due out in circa 2020 :mrgreen:

Ah, I couldn't work out if you meant this week or next week.

I know they have announced the 991, but the 997 is still the current 911.

I vote 992.

But it won't matter as I will have given up on the squashed beetle by then, when it spawns two more doors, a hatchback and a 1.5 diesel-electric hybrid mated to a 14-speed semi-manual CVT box.

I'll have a 458 Spider, thanks.

:agree:

Though I may be too bloody old to get down that low into a "Fezza"

Might have to be an up market Tata (Jaguar) :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back