Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Spied on video in Stuttgart

tmilligan said:
Fingers crossed these are just particularly horrible disguises so we are all thrilled when we see the real thing...

Yeh, that whole bodyshell drops off to reveal a sleek sportscar!

photo.JPG

to this
condorman1981dvdripxvidto4.png

to this
bscap00291fx.jpg

Here it is testing with some older Porsche:

Condormobile.jpg

tmilligan said:
Fingers crossed these are just particularly horrible disguises so we are all thrilled when we see the real thing... Then again Porsche do have a history of odd-shaped headlights, since they departed from the pinnacle of design they achieved in the 993. :D :D

Well said. I'm hoping the headlights come out as in the rendering below at worst, although I won't hold my breath. The 993 really was the pinnacle. :judge:

image2da.png

GT4 said:
That was me :grin:

Well, you couldn't have put it better. Those lights had better not be final.

I will post a rendering of my own later (no expert!) to allay fears :grin:

Pledge kept. Makes the disguised lights look good, does it not? :lol:

Attachments

• 991_pic_156.jpg
    991_pic_156.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 6,826
Rimmer said:
So, no one on here will buy a 991 :?:

I think what's more to the point is (if things look like they're going the way they are with this 'new' design) what will it do to the prices of some of the previous models...?

Even if we assume that this is the model! The pinnacle of reliability! Every single previous issue dealt with and sorted! (just like we thought with the 997.1 and 997.2) - it's still going to be a bit of a salad-dodging munter!

And this alone will put people off. "Yes, I drive a brand new 911....but it's a bit ugly and fat!"

Oh, the irony!!!

So. Can us 996.1/996.2 owners prepare for some nice gradually upward curves for the value of our cars..? Unlikely, unfortunately - but you never know!

On the basis of this post so far: can 993 owners (continue) to plot their upward curves...? Almost certainly! :D

GT4 said:
adam2712 said:
8) the sunroof rolls back on the outside, interesting. does that mean the end of the targa ?

Yes. (check out the other 991 threads)

I hope they have not dropped the glass sunroof option where one could allow light into the car without having to open the roof.

sld82 said:
GT4 said:
adam2712 said:
8) the sunroof rolls back on the outside, interesting. does that mean the end of the targa ?

Yes. (check out the other 991 threads)

I hope they have not dropped the glass sunroof option where one could allow light into the car without having to open the roof.

The "Targa" option is now a full length smoked glass panoramic sunroof insert (standard sunroof option is body-coloured opaque panel)

Attachments

• 2012_porsche_911_991_1_474.jpg
    2012_porsche_911_991_1_474.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 6,494
GT4 said:
The "Targa" option is now a full length smoked glass panoramic sunroof insert (standard sunroof option is body-coloured opaque panel)

Thanks for the clarification :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back