Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Porsche 911 Scoop !

GT4 said:
Really, this is taking the piss now.

STOP TEASING AND UNVEIL!

Here is a Porsche wearing the equivalent of a pair of stocking over its rear lamps:

1317466553234587363.jpg

Also some cluster pics:

Porsche_911_991_09pop.jpg

Whats interesting about this pic is that the speedo is displayed in MPH....must be a RHD test mule.

The rear screen looks alot smaller :dont know:

wizard993 said:
Porsche_911_991_09pop.jpg

Whats interesting about this pic is that the speedo is displayed in MPH....must be a RHD test mule.

When did the US stop using MPH? :eek:

917k said:
GT4 said:
So are these the front lamps:

2012-Porsche-911-998-Rendering-1.jpg

]

Photoshopped and merged with a Ferrari front end

I know it's a Photoshop, but the rest is pretty accurate (including the front PU and DRLS), so my question was does that image represent a good likeness to the real front lamps too?

GT4 said:
Not a good composition.

Can't help but think the support car is showing the 991 up in this one.

A bit like bringing your prettier, more exciting, more experienced sister along to the dance.

new-Porsche-911-2012-Porsche-991_006.jpg

I quite fancy the experienced sister. Certainly got a nicer bum.

Can't see me going for the new one.

GT4 said:
Not a good composition.

A bit like bringing your prettier, more exciting, more experienced sister along to the dance.

Of all the spy shots that's the first one that has made me think ..'WOW'.

The view from that angle and that colour are the best I've seen pictured.

It's obviously a brand new car rather than an evolution so I can't help wondering just how much it's going to cost. :dont know:

Personally I think that fears that values of recent 997's will be badly hit and that the knock on to earlier 997's and even 996's will be significant may have been premature.

I reckon that in 2012 nearly new 997's will look like real bargains even at current prices.

As always with Porsche its not until you see one in the showroom/road can it be judged. I thought the Pamamera was a real ugly duckling but having sat in one and seen it in "the flesh" its a great(albeit very expensive) car.

One aspect of this new 911 that has not really been mentioned is the price tag. I hear 10% more across the range vs the outgoing 997. If it's much more then I think it could be a slow seller, meaning good 997's will be sought after/hold-up well(esp C2S/C4S and GT/GT RS's).

I have a view that Porsche may also try to punt this new 911 even further up the price range for sportscars to attract a wealthier/exclusive customer base.......ie make more profit/unit but sell smaller annual quantities vs the 997. Again, if they do this 997/996 prices will do well.

wizard993 said:
I have a view that Porsche may also try to punt this new 911 even further up the price range for sportscars to attract a wealthier/exclusive customer base.......ie make more profit/unit but sell smaller annual quantities vs the 997. Again, if they do this 997/996 prices will do well.

That's what they have the Turbo and GTx variants for. Apart from changes possibly forced on them by exchange rate movements in non-Euro markets they'll want to keep price levels within striking distance (allowing for inflation) of those of equivalent outgoing models.
VW is setting ambitious production targets for Porsche which couldn't be achieved if they go too far upmarket.

Caymen's and boxsters are the volume Porsche. I think we may see the 991 going up a few notches on the price range as no 991 GT's out/planned for a long time(circa 2 years).

Red993C4 said:
wizard993 said:

That's what they have the Turbo and GTx variants for. Apart from changes possibly forced on them by exchange rate movements in non-Euro markets they'll want to keep price levels within striking distance (allowing for inflation) of those of equivalent outgoing models.
VW is setting ambitious production targets for Porsche which couldn't be achieved if they go too far upmarket.

wizard993 said:
Caymen's and boxsters are the volume Porsche.

In the UK maybe, but as far as overall production is concerned, Porsche sells over 50% more 911s (including all variants) than it does Boxsters and Caymans (combined), and even the 911 sales are outstripped by the Cayenne and the Panamera.
The Cayenne and Panamera are already relatively cheap compared with the 911, which explains their higher sales figures. To put it another way, the 911 is aready being sold at a premium in relation to all the other models.

peters said:
GT4 said:
Not a good composition.

I quite fancy the experienced sister. Certainly got a nicer bum.

Can't see me going for the new one.

Pippa rather than Katherine then :grin:

If those are accurate, I am loving the lights, but hating those low level reflector things.

Those thin slots for rear lights look like they are for the Chinese market!

I agree those lower reflectors look strange, but as I'm not having one, it doesn't matter.

PS: Pippa or Katherine will do me!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back