Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Singer Porsche 911 Gets Cosworth Engines

Porsche News

Singer Vehicle Design (SVD), the guys behind the uber cool retro-modern Porsche 911, announced a strategic partnership with British engineering firm Cosworth.

The Singer 911 as I'm sure you know features a modified body of the classic Porsche 911 from 1960s, but with modern underpinnings. That, as every motoring journalist will tell you, is the best of both worlds!

Staying loyal to the original 911, Singer uses air-cooled flat-six engines for their 911. They've already delivered three examples of the car, but from now on each car will be getting one of the three powertrians Coswroth will prepare for it. Thanks to this partnership, SVD is able to offer a full range of engine options, with three tiers of performance levels:

· Touring – 3.6-litre engine, producing 300 bhp
· Sport – 3.9-litre engine, producing 380 bhp
· Cup – 3.9 to 4.0-litre engine, producing more than 425bhp

Singer has also inked a deal with composite experts Aria Group, who will prepare, paint and deliver all of Singer's carbon fiber bodies.

If you are tempted to buy one of this beautiful machines, and I guess you are, be aware the prices for a Singer 911 ranges between £120,000 to more than £200,000, depending on a comprehensive selection of equipment which allows each customer to design a machine to their own specific tastes. It's an expensive, but amazing toy.

Attachments

• singer_911_4_210.jpg
    singer_911_4_210.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 7,506
  • singer_911_3_439.jpg
    singer_911_3_439.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 7,506
  • singer_911_2_205.jpg
    singer_911_2_205.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 7,506
  • singer_911_1_174.jpg
    singer_911_1_174.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 7,506
Drool....

Beautiful. These were the real 911's, all the way up to the 993 :judge:

I read so much about ninemeister from Warrington developing these engines, so what's happened.

As I've said before, I am a big Porsche fan whether the car is little or huge, I always admire Porsche cars. I own a Porsche Cayman and I love it but one of my favorite Porsche cars, Porshe singer was one of the cutest and best. In the auto repair shops where I learned stuffs, They have useful auto repair manuals that specializes in this Porsche singer that amazed me. That's why I've been reading auto repair manuals because those automotive shops got their knowledge from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back