Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Servicing

ian_uk said:
I've noticed that OPC prices have become quite competitive recently. So now I have a dilemma. Should I ...

a) Continue to use my friendly indi who has given my faultless service over many years, always been well priced, knows 993s like the back of his hand.

b) Switch to use the OPC who frankly looked at me like something unpleasant on the bottom of their shoe when the economy was good, charged outrageous prices when they could get away with it, would struggle to know what a 993 was let alone know what to do with it.

Hmm tricky one this ...

Well there is the dilemma of loyalty, I suppose. And you're right, some OPCs were total rip off merchants in the good times. But, if you have a good OPC, and a "so so" Indie, then it's a bit more of a contest.

Interesting one. Have heard good things about OPC Cambridge but hadn't had any experience myself

Popped in there yesterday to pick up a couple of sealing rings for changing the gearbox oil and came away very impressed. The parts guy Kevin was very helpful and expained about the discounted servicing for classics (£70/hr) and gave me the sealing rings for free :thumbs:

It's also on my way to work and I'd get something interesting to borrow whilst my car is in. Next service isn't due until early next year but certainly food for thought...

Someone suggested Bournemouth were £54 an hour ! It's actually £80 - well that's what i'm paying - maybe you have some special deal :dont know:

OPC servicing

Thanks guys,
Gives a good insight across the country, seems prices are definately cheaper for the 993 against the younger models. As for OPC versus Indie there will always be various opinions and experiences, all interesting to listen to.

Jack Frost said:
Someone suggested Bournemouth were £54 an hour ! It's actually £80 - well that's what i'm paying - maybe you have some special deal :dont know:

While I was in collecting some new parts, again, I enquired about having some work done on my car and I was quoted £60.00 per hour / £90.00 for the 1.5hrs that it would take to carry out the work less 10% discount.

I am not aware of their usual rate and don't think that they made a mistake as they wrote the price down for me.

If it is any indication they recently charged me £249.00 + vat for an annual service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back