Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CAT Driver Training, Millbrook Proving Ground, Bedfordshire

February news from CATDT

Newsletter issued yesterday with information on our July 'Ring trip, our ice driving adventure to Sweden, and recent blog written by our resident Expert: Chief Instructor, Colin Hoad, on driving the 'Ring in the wet for nurburgring.org.

Enjoy the read.

Jo

Introducing our new Porsche

Latest newsletter just published. This edition topics are:

Introducing our new Boxster
Supercars for training hire
Dads Day Out
Caterham Gymkhana Video
Ring trip plans
Aidy's blog
Upcoming Viking Tour

You can find it here to read

Enjoy

Jo

I did the one day Performance Driver Training Course last Saturday and it way exceeded my expectations. I left home at 7.00 am in the pouring rain and with a certain amount of trepidation but the weather cleared by the time I arrived at Millbrook.

Next thing I was in the safety briefing and off for a leisurely drive around the parts of the grounds we would be using. From then on it became a blur and at times my brain seemed to go into meltdown. Lunch came round quickly which gave me a chance to catch my breath and then we dived into the afternoon session.

Paul (instructor) gets 10/10 for his ability to explain what the aim was of each stage and how best to achieve it - having him in the seat next to me was invaluable. I learnt a lot about my car and my driving abilities. Millbrook is impressive and knowing there are no other cars around lets you concentrate 100% on your driving.

Great day, great facilities and a great instructor which is what I would call a very great result :thumbs:

PS The Fiat never missed a beat :thumb:

http://catdrivertraining.co.uk/inde...my-programme/performance-driver-full-day.html

Glad you had such a good day Andrew and I was watching the weather probably as much as you were. Very relieved for your peace of mind that it held off and allowed you to relax through your day.

Thank you for your confidence in us and so pleased it was vindicated.

Look forward to seeing you again at some point in the future.

Jo

Re: Group Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling Course

CATDT said:
We run a unique and very popular group course at Millbrook for the car clubs we work with and I wondered if this would be of interest to 911uk members?

There are 4 places on each course - the overview of the day as follows:

--

I would be very interested to do this course, and I think I could rustle up one or two others.

Is this opportunity still available? If so, who do I contact and how do we organize this?

Thanks TB

The Beast said:
CATDT said:
We run a unique and very popular group course at Millbrook for the car clubs we work with and I wondered if this would be of interest to 911uk members?

There are 4 places on each course - the overview of the day as follows:

--

I would be very interested to do this course, and I think I could rustle up one or two others.

Is this opportunity still available? If so, who do I contact and how do we organize this?

Thanks TB
Hi TB

You're referring to the Group Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling Course. I'll need to check date options. Do you want to either drop me a PM or email me at [email protected] to let me know whether week days or only weekends are options. Depending on your answer we may be looking at July/August at the earliest.

Jo

CATDT said:
If this is of interest please register your interest here and I'll look for a date to offer you in the coming months.
Yes, Jo, I'd certainly be interested. A week day would probably suit me better.

clinchy993 said:
Guy and Girls there is a thread already running on this which 911uk admin started the other day so please add you interest to that thread :thumb: :lock:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=63336

Just need to be clear which people are interested in though.

The thread launched for 23rd July is for the Performance Driver 'Track' Day.

The Beast is asking about the Group Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling Course, of which there isn't currently an event thread running. Conversations taking place by email on the subject.

Spyderman - which group course are you interested in? And hello by the way :wink:

Jo

Not interested in drifting or over grip limit - more interested in not drifting! Basically want to expand my track skills.

Can't do 23 July as that clashes with the Silverstone Classic - which is shame since that sounds like the course I want!

What is the 5 day academy programme, how much is it, is there a discount for groups and if so what is the optimum group size for this and lastly how much is it if I use my own car?

I would ideally like to just improve my car control but with an emphasis on track work.

Is it best to email direct?

Thank you

Pip
Ps anyone else interested in the 5 days?

Hi Pip

My sincere apologies for my tardy response ... it's been a bit of a week.

Anyway, email or phone call will be easier to get into the intracacies of the Academy Programme, but the upshot is that it is a 1 to 1 programme.

You can dip in and out of it as your need takes you. Many clients take day 1-2 consecutively and then take the other days at the intervals that suit them. Others might do day 1, then come back for day 2 in 6 months time and so forth, others work their way through the programme taking one day per year.

You can use your car or ours, but day 2 it is mandatory to use our vehicles due to the nature of the training and the abrasive nature of the surface.

Day 1 is the Performance Driver Course which takes place at Millbrook.
Day 2 is the Grip Limit Course and this happens at Bruntingthorpe.
Day 3 is back at Millbrook for the Optimisation Course.
Day 4 is then out on track such as Silverstone, Snetterton.
Day 5 is taking part in a round of the MLR Sprint Series.

Depending on whether you are looking at your car or ours, the total cost of the programme will range from £7273 to £8023 including VAT, if you add the Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling Course into the mix, but you can obviously take this one day at a time as stated above.

The Performance Driver Course will be a very good starting point for you to develop your car control knowledge and technique and prepare you in an excellent way for track driving. You can then choose from there if you want to do more. If you're anything like the rest of our clients then it's highly likely that we'll see you again :grin: This day on its own costs £945 in your car or £1140 in our Subaru or Roadsports A Caterham and £1320 in the Boxster.

Sorry again for the long time for my reply and drop me an email or give me a call to discuss further.

Kind regards
Jo
[email protected]
01234 757633

spyderman said:
Not interested in drifting or over grip limit - more interested in not drifting! Basically want to expand my track skills.

Can't do 23 July as that clashes with the Silverstone Classic - which is shame since that sounds like the course I want!

Having just done the drifting and over grip limit handling course on Sunday with NXI20, senoj and Nick W I HIGHLY recommend it for track driving, this is the only way to develop the right instinctive reaction to under and oversteer situations as well as just being a hoot anyway! We'll all be going back.

Colin is a very insightful and inspiring coach, simply brilliant day :thumb:

oze172 said:
spyderman said:

Having just done the drifting and over grip limit handling course on Sunday with NXI20, senoj and Nick W I HIGHLY recommend it for track driving, this is the only way to develop the right instinctive reaction to under and oversteer situations as well as just being a hoot anyway! We'll all be going back.

Colin is a very insightful and inspiring coach, simply brilliant day :thumb:

I will second that. They are a wondeful crew & I felt really well looked after. The content of the day was great and each session built on the previous really nicely. How a car behaves on and beyond the limt of grip is something any track driver needs to understand and exploit. This course was a great grounding in what's going on underneath you in a corner. I feel it was just a starting point, there's a lot learnt and more to learn....including that drifting a 911 is quite difficult!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back