Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Video Collection,1968 Porsche 911 Classic Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 43: 911 68 engine build completen

Here is the engine as finished by Nick Fulljames of Redtek. It is a work of art and sparkles in every detail. Give me a pair of triple choke Webers over mechanical fuel injection any day (at least from a romantic technical point of view)!

Episode 44: 911 68 Bodyshell metal to paint

Here is the bodyshell virtually complete in the paintshop. After a huge amount of work, the shell is paintred and ready to come back to the workshop. Now the assembly can start seriously!

Episode 45: 911 68 door window assembly

The door and side window frames were sent away to Alan Drayson of Canford Classics for cleaning. The aluminium parts have then been polished and the steel parts, which were showing rust, have been rechromed. I've bought new window seals from Roger Bray. Despitre taking photos before they were taken apart, assembling these window frames has been a real jigsaw puzzle as they all came back to me in small pieces. This is a time consuming job that requires a lot of patience, but is very satisfying when it's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back