Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC in London. Around Zone 3

Doink said:
Seriously, this is going to get worse as new car sales crash. Our local OPC laid off 40 staff recently (50% of it's workforce). They've got to keep the cash rolling in somehow.

Your local OPC has 80 staff!

No wonder they have to overcharge.

Are 75 of them blonde and sit at the nail bar , sorry I mean reception!

adrian996 said:
Red993C4 said:
adrian996 said:
Air in all tyres found to be dangerously heavy and stale.
Same replaced with nitrogen. £150 (£50 per tyre)

.....hang on, sorry, they actually do that don't they.

From what you say, I doubt that they'd make the mistake of only charging for three tyres. :dont know:

I think irony might have just died - or at least is extremely unwell.
:thumb:

On the other hand, maybe it's just that my post was also intended to be ironic. :D
Definitely extremely unwell. :puh:

Is there irony in pointing out a supposed arithmetic error?

I guess at a pinch it may have been regarded as Socratic irony if only you meant to prove adrian996 can't count (are we including the space saver :dontknow:)

Whatever you do, pease don't take up stand-up.

We're not all destined to be comics, and no one is destined to be a comic on the back of Socratic irony.

I have it on good authority that peas do occasionally do stand up.

Dear Adrian996. We have discovered what was causing the rattle from the underside of your passenger seat. It was a tin can which contained what appeared to be approximately 100 or so small wriggly brown worms. The can was partially open. We removed the can and made the area good.

As you are a regular customer of ours we have decided to waive the usual 'per-worm' removal rate (£1) and charge you a flat rate for the complete removal and making good - whatever that is.

Removal of can of worms: £100.

(Is there such a thing as scatological irony?)

That's me told!

Cheers, GT4 - you make sure that you have a good weekend!

:thumbs: No worries.........Chandler! :D

Rev. James Chandler or Chandler Bing :dont know:

I was thinking more along the lines of Chandler Bling. Sorry.....Bing. :D

GT4 said:
Is there irony in pointing out a supposed arithmetic error?

I wasn't pointing out an arithmetic error; I just saw a missed opportunity in the initial post. :hand:
It could have been better if it had suggested that the dealer had charged for changing the air in five tyres for car which doesn't have a spare, for instance, but distinctly lacked something by suggesting that the dealer, who is supposed to be on the make, only charged for three wheels.
When you start discussing humour in this manner, then you know it's missed its mark. :bye:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back