Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS - how many are there around?

Congratulations Simonc. I'm paying deposit on mine tomorrow. Looks like a very similar spec too. Enjoy!

followed a white GTS up the A3 today about lunchtime, cool ride - smooth and pretty quick. I was on the white Fireblade if it was anyone here.

911D said:
Congratulations Simonc. I'm paying deposit on mine tomorrow. Looks like a very similar spec too. Enjoy!

Thanks and Congratulations to you! Wise choice despite what some people say. Ticks all boxes for me. You will love it.

Simonc said:
911D said:

Thanks and Congratulations to you! Wise choice despite what some people say. Ticks all boxes for me. You will love it.

+1, congrats on great car.

I picked mine up on the 2nd March, Black/Black, still only done 200 miles as waiting for better weather and for it to be detailed. (pics will be posted then)

Its filthy already :sad: :sad:

[/quote]

Thanks and Congratulations to you! Wise choice despite what some people say. Ticks all boxes for me. You will love it.[/quote]

Its also ideal car for me, yes i could of got a GT3 but with 2 young children, it puts smiles on their faces as well as mine when we go to school :floor: :floor:

Need to put more miles on it so I can give it a good blast.

Jose, know how you feel. Done 650 miles now and can't wait to be able to drive it properly. If you have kids then there is no substitute! Took my son and his friend out at the weekend and when they got out, I knew Porsche had buyers for the future! Enjoy :)

911D said:
Done! GTS ordered. Can't wait.

Hey 911D, good to chat the other week and I'm glad that you decided to go for it. I look forward to seeing it at a future meet.

How long do you have to wait and what's the spec?

911D said:

Congrats again, when do you collect? Every day will feel like a week!! But that's part of the fun :)

GB911 said:
911D said:

Hey 911D, good to chat the other week and I'm glad that you decided to go for it. I look forward to seeing it at a future meet.

How long do you have to wait and what's the spec?

Its being built around mid April with delivery due end April / early May. Spec as follows:

Carrera white, and manual (total must have for me!) :thumb:
Extended Nav
Audio interface
Leather interior (alcantara gets sticky IMO)
Red seat belts
Park assist
Sunroof
Heated seats
Tyre pressure monitor
Centre lock wheels
Illuminated door sills (the Mrs liked them)

Can't wait :D - just need to find someone to take the Boxster S (mint condition with 17k on the clock so I'm hoping won't be too hard to shift)

Simonc said:
911D said:

Congrats again, when do you collect? Every day will feel like a week!! But that's part of the fun :)

End April / early May - can't wait!!!!! Hope you're enjoying yours..... :thumbs:

Saw white one on A3 nr wandsworth on Thursday.

I really need to put more miles on the car as want to give it full beans.

do I really have to do over 1000 miles for a good run-in :?:

Different opinions and the hand book says 2-3k :sad:

IMHO it is worth running any car in properly as it will add years onto your car. I stood by the 3000km run in and while it was a bore, I am sure my engine thanks me for it. The car runs like butter, all smooth and soft and then turns into blind fury when you want the power and back again. I've been in 997.2's that shake on idle, but you wouldn't know my engine was turning. I think that was the running in. A factory run in is not the same as bedding the whole car in as one with the engine, putting it through the strains and stresses of real driving. Also you cannot underestimate the benefits of warming up your engine before booting it! But, that's just how my dad taught me!! :?

Couldn't agree more. Engine run in during production is very different to bedding in under power once in the car. Well worth giving is a gentle start in life and well worth always letting it warm up before leathering it IMHO too.

Cheers, I know I will just have to be patient :sad:

j8fbr said:
Cheers, I know I will just have to be patient :sad:

I know how you feel! :eek: Just hit 800 mls..... Getting there :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back