Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: 993 Central locking control unit (EZ900)

diddy_p

Montreal
Per the subject, porsche part 928 618 260 03 needed, must be in fully working condition.

Hi,

I'm after one of these too, mine give up the ghost last year. Do you know how much they are from the dealers?

Cheers

They are about £275. I needed one last year.

Make sure you get the right part number for your car as although the older PN ones appear to work, they don't have all the functionality of the later 03 units.

Also be careful as others with CL problems have presumed this part is to blame and it turns out to be a dodgy solenoid in the door at fault.

The unit has a fuse on the side too so may be worth checking this before buying a new unit :thumb:

dommorton said:
They are about £275. I needed one last year.

Make sure you get the right part number for your car as although the older PN ones appear to work, they don't have all the functionality of the later 03 units.

Also be careful as others with CL problems have presumed this part is to blame and it turns out to be a dodgy solenoid in the door at fault.

The unit has a fuse on the side too so may be worth checking this before buying a new unit :thumb:

Thanks for the pointers. I'm certain its the unit. Fuse is fine. Comfort system is affected even though door switches are fine as are the bulbs and all other fuses.

Just for info in case anyone is interested. I contacted "Douglas Valley breakers" today and they have one in stock for £99+vat+postage. Reading there T&Cs warrenty is only for 30 days.

For piece of mind I paid the extra and bought a new on from my local dealer, it was £280 inc vat.

Cheers

Ouch! did it fix the fault?

BTW you can remove them without taking the seat out. Just set it to the highest setting and undo the one 10mm plastic retaining nut :thumb:

Hello chaps! Douglas quoted me £120 when I asked them in December!?!? Anyhow I got my replacement from 'Aircooled' and it fixed the problems I was having, my Central locking, alarm and comfort system work perfectly.

One observation though on the Central locking switch in the centre console, there is now a red light which is lit when the doors are locked and car is in ignition/running. This never happened when even the old unit 'appeared' to work in the past! Since ownership in 2004 I never knew this red light existed!!

Both old and new part are .03, my original was manufactured in1995, new one 2001, and the connector is purple instead of yellow.

diddy_p said:
Hello chaps! Douglas quoted me £120 when I asked them in December!?!? Anyhow I got my replacement from 'Aircooled' and it fixed the problems I was having, my Central locking, alarm and comfort system work perfectly.

One observation though on the Central locking switch in the centre console, there is now a red light which is lit when the doors are locked and car is in ignition/running. This never happened when even the old unit 'appeared' to work in the past! Since ownership in 2004 I never knew this red light existed!!

Both old and new part are .03, my original was manufactured in1995, new one 2001, and the connector is purple instead of yellow.

If I use the switch in the console to lock the doors the red light stays illuminated. Tried it yesterday for the first time as for some reason when I was cranking the car the alarm started to sound - but I put this down to a weak battery as it hadn't been on charge for 3 weeks.

To get the alarm to stop I pressed the 'unlock' on the fob whilst the engine was running which sorted it out.

Zingari said:
diddy_p said:

If I use the switch in the console to lock the doors the red light stays illuminated. Tried it yesterday for the first time as for some reason when I was cranking the car the alarm started to sound - but I put this down to a weak battery as it hadn't been on charge for 3 weeks.

To get the alarm to stop I pressed the 'unlock' on the fob whilst the engine was running which sorted it out.

i guess the thing is, that in all these years, when locking using the switch on the console there was never a red light, so i never knew it was there! even when the rest of the central locking, alarm and comfort system were working!

the unit only failed after i changed battery last november, after which the comfort system, alarm and key operated central locking stopped working (locking via the console switch was the only thing that worked!)

now i'm happy its all working correctly! also i havent a keyfob alarm, mine is key operated - an early UK varioram (late 1995 manufactured), i believe later cars had the pa1000. i do have the receptacle imobiliser though...

i feel like getting a pa1000 but not sure its worth it but hey i guess thats a question for another thread!

diddy_p said:

Glad it's all working ok for you. Have you also noticed the increase in performance? Remember, the unit came from a 993 turbo - it makes all the difference :)

Picked mine up from the P dealer today, they even gave me £30 discount so I paid £250. Eyerthing working perfect now :D :D I have to say the parts guy in our local dearler is very helpful and always gives me some discount.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back